Cannot delete old version of Cornerstone and X

I’m trying to update from X 4.6.4 and Cornerstone 1.3.3
to X 6.5.6 and Cornerstone 3.5.5.

I’ve got the new versions uploaded and installed, but cannot get the old versions deleted.

I’ve tried deleting them form the dashboard and get the warnings “Deletion failed: Could not fully remove the theme x-previous.” and “Could not fully remove the plugin(s) DELETE OLD cornerstone/cornerstone.php.”

I’ve also tried deleting from File Manager and FTP and even though I check the box authorizing immediate deletion, the files pop right back up.

Pages cannot be edited with cornerstone (it’s not an option) and the menu items on the dashboard for Cornerstone, Templates, Global Blocks and Theme Options are all wonky.

Hello Maureen,

Thanks for writing in!

Please make sure that you are using latest version of WordPress which as of today is 5.2.3. After that I suggest you to completely delete X Theme and Cornerstone (including current updated version) using FTP, provided you haven’t made any changes to parent theme files. Deleting X Theme and Cornerstone won’t delete the contents as they are saved in Database.

Next, please deactivate all Plugins from Plugins > Installed Plugins. From Member area or Themeforest download latest version of X Theme and install the same from Appearance > Themes > Add New.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

Updating WordPress and the PHP did the trick! Thanks!!

Glad it worked,

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.