Cannot delete custom CSS code on a single page

Hey guys, I quickly need your help. I previously added some CSS code on the page https://www.tv-magden.ch/expo/. I want to delete this code but it doesn’t let me do so in the Pro CSS editor on that page.

I can delete the code and save everything and I do get a confirmation. However, the next time I open that page in the editor, the code is back.

Deleting the W3 Total Cache and other plugins didn’t help.

Also, recently I get the following error every time I open a page in the Pro editors: “Uh Oh! The preview HTML did not include a closing tag. It may fail to load or work properly.”

Could you please assist?

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! Right after making your changes, since you have installed W3 Total cache, you will need to clear the plugin cache first before testing your site. And please do not forget that you install Rocket script. You will have to clear the cache of this plugin as well.

“Uh Oh! The preview HTML did not include a closing tag. It may fail to load or work properly.”

• This error usually occur if you have minified the JS and CSS files of the theme’s resources. Please only minify html and exclude JS and CSS files. You may combined them all instead.

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes.

Hey,

Thanks for writing back.

I tried what you suggested. I opened two tabs in my browser and went on to the Pro editor in one tab. I changed the CSS code on that one page and saved it. Then I purged the W3 total caches from the other tab and also the Cloudflare cache. Unfortunately, that didn’t resolve the issue. The CSS code still comes back when I reload the Pro editor.

What do you mean by “do not forget that you install Rocket script”? Are you talking about Cloudflare’s Rocket Loader set to automatic if that’s what you are talking about. But I also have a page rule in Cloudflare for tv-magden.ch/x/ with two settings: Cache Level: Bypass and Disable Performance. This should always disable the Rocket Loader for Pro’s editors too, right?

Any other ideas?

Minify is not activated, not in W3 total cache nor in Cloudflare. So, the issue for the other error must be something else. But what?

Thanks for further assisting me.

Hi,

Would you mind providing us with login credentials so we can take a closer look? Please provide following information:

Set it as Secure Note

• Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
  • FTP credentials

All the best!

Sure, here we go…

Hi There,

I Have managed to remove the code for you.

Hope it helps

Great, but can you tell me how you did it?

Also, the problem with the error of the missing html tag persists.

Hello There,

We have have imported the page as a Cornerstone template and re saved the changes. Afterwards, we removed the code that needs to be removed.

I have tested over and over in several of your pages and I could no longer replicate the issue with the error of the missing html tag.

Please clear your browser cache or use private browsing mode and test the site again.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.