Cannot change the background color

Hey guys,

I set up my header and footer and most of the content area. I m using the Renew stack. And although I have background color set to black, the background color of the content section still remains white.

I also tried to set the content section width to fullwidth, however, that does not seem to work either and I can’t a setting in the panel somehwere.

Thanx in advance for your help.

Greetings
Heiko

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! Please change the background color in X > Launch > Options > Renew. If nothing is working, maybe there is a custom css that overwrites the theme option background color. Please provide us access to the site so that we can check your set up and resolve this issue.

Please let us know if this works out for you.

At the moment I m testing everything on a local testing environment so giving you access to it would be a problem ;-)). I don’t know which custom css should be doing this as I just started customizing everything. I haven’t written my own custom CSS rules yet.

Hello There,

Thanks for updating in!

Please add the following CSS code in the X > Launch > Theme Options > Global CSS (http://prntscr.com/evui3r)

.site, .x-site {
  background-color: transparent;
}

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes.

I switched it to #000000 as transparent didn’t give me the black background color.

Do I need to re-enter this everytime the theme gets updated?

Hello There,

If you placed the css code the in the X > Launch > Theme Options > Global CSS (http://prntscr.com/evui3r), there is no need to insert it every time you update the page.

Hope this helps.

I have a similar issue on the Renew stack. I set the Options->Layout and Design->background options->background color to rgb(236, 234, 234). My site layout is boxed, and this gives me the color I want on the sides of the box.

When I get into Options->Header->logo and navigation->layout to “Stacked” - the background behind the (black text) logo is dark grey - and I don’t see how to change it (it doesn’t seem to take it’s background color from the Layout and Design background color. If I switch from “Stacked” to “Inline” - there is no issue with the background color: it is white under the (black text) logo.

Hey Richard,

Yes, the Layout and Design background color is for the body background. Please go to Appearance > Theme Options > Renew and change the Logobar Background. To learn more about the Renew Options, please see this documentation.

If you have further questions, please open a separate thread and give us the URL of your site.

Thanks.

1 Like

Thanks - got it!

You’re welcome.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.