Cannot change header's headtitles anymore since update

Since the update to 2.1.4 this morning I can no langer change existing headlines in existing headers anymore? If I create a new headline element in the same header than the problem doesn’t pose itself.

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in! I have checked your site URLs assigned to your licenses and I see one of the site is using CloudFlare. If it is your referenced site above, you need to clear your CloudFlare cache as well after updating Pro theme. Also head over to CloudFlare -> Speed tab and disable CSS/Javascript autominifications.

Then you also need to clear Style Cache by head over to Pro -> Settings page (check the bottom of the screen). If you’re using a caching plugin, you need to purge your server cache and also clear your browser cache before testing your site.

If you’re still having issues, please provide us with the WordPress credentials in a secure note along with an example page URL.

Thanks!

Hi There,

I have experienced the same problem as the one described by @debreesolutions with both PRO 2.1.4 and 2.1.5, i. e., in preexisting (to the last PRO updates) header headlines the text field is missing whereas if new header headlines are created then the text field is present (just for the new ones, I went back to the old ones and the problem persists).

I have cleared Style Cache in Pro -> Settings page and I have deactivated my caching plugin.

Regards

Hi @CYME,

Thanks for writing in.

In this case, please share us your admin credentials so we could check further.

Don’t forget to set it in a secure note and open a new thread for you.

Thank you so much.

Dear @mldarshana

The URL you checked is the existing site. The one I’m talking about is in a development environment, so I cannot give you access to that unfortunately…
Also, Cloudflare is not being used here and no caching plug-ins.

Hi @nico,

Thanks for responding.

Following your instructions I have shared my credentials in a new thread.

Thank you.

Regards

Hello There,

Thanks for providing the information. I have logged in to your site and I found out that you have installed WP Autoptimize and WP Fastest Cache plugin. Always keep in mind that after every updates, you must clear the caches from this two plugins so that the latest codes of the newly updated theme/plugins will be used. This will prevent you from getting any errors in the site.

Please clear the caches and test your site again.

I have done this before and now again. The problem still exists.

Hi @debreesolutions

I managed to see the problem only after disabling “WP Autoptimize and WP Fastest Cache” plugins, other than that, the builder wasn’t loading.

I suggest trying to reinstall the theme, following the method of “Manual X Update Via FTP” in this guide should be fine:

If this didn’t help, then we would like to ask for the ability to create a copy of your site on a staging server, so we can reinstall the theme and deactivate plugins freely to narrow down this issue.

Thanks.

@debreesolutions I am experiencing the same problem. In another thread I opened a support staff member (that has not participated on this one) has uncovered the source of the problem. He has found the a solution that –although it is not completely satisfactory to me– it actually works and may be suitable for you.

1 Like

Thanks @CYME for chiming in here. The other thread has some info explaining why this problem happens. You can read about it over there: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/in-headers-in-the-existing-headline-elements-the-text-field-is-missing-so-the-content-cannot-be-edited-after-recent-pro-updates/34908/5

To summarize, headlines created from the Hero template are corrupted. There are basically two solutions.

1. Fix the text_type attribute (behind the scenes) with the first code snippet. This should work just fine if you have no custom CSS.
  2. Convert the element to a Text element (second code snippet) which will keep it outputting just the way it has been.
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.