Cannot adjust elements or add elements to home page only

Greetings! I cannot seem to add or drag any elements on my home page only (the other pages still allow me to edit them). When I try to drag in an element, it gets “stuck” on the left sidebar (see image). So far I have tried:

-deactivated all plugins
-tried multiple browsers
-tried deactivating browser extensions

Thanks for the help,

Vince

Hello Vince,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

Please try out following solutions:

• Make sure that you’re running at least PHP v5.6.x or later to avoid any WordPress related incompatibility issues. If you’re not sure what your server configurations and settings are, install a plugin like WP-Serverinfo (https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-serverinfo/) and check your server info by head over to Dashboard -> WP Serverinfo area.
  • Check your PHP Max Execution Time and set it for 300 for optimal usage.
  • If you’re using any caching plugins, make sure to purge your server cache and disable them temporarily. - If you’re using a service like CloudFlare, make sure to disable auto minification. For more information, please check this guide (https://xthemetips.com/using-cloudflare-rocket-loader-with-x-pro-and-x5/928/).
  • Try increasing your PHP Memory limit. You can do this by editing your wp-config.php file which can be located under the root of your WordPress installation.

Add the following lines into that file.

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

Please see secure note.

Hi @vincentanter,

I have created a new homepage named Test X theme Support. You could use it as a new home so that you could adjust your homepage.

Hope it helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

I am unable to edit that page either unfortunately. Please see video: https://visforvino.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/Untitled.mov

Hey There,

I can see that you are using WP Rocket. Please clear your plugin caches.

And since you are using SiteGround, please clear your site cache and temporarily disable the supercacher in your hosting panel? The SuperCacher is developed by SiteGround exclusively for their customers. It increases the number of hits a site can handle and boosts the website loading speed. The SuperCacher includes 4 different caching options for maximum optimization of your websites. You can access the tool by clicking on the SuperCacher icon in your cPanel.

For more information about this, please check it out here: https://www.siteground.com/tutorials/supercacher/supercacher_intro.htm

If still nothing is working, please provide FTP details in a secure note so that we can investigate further.

I tried the changes and then tried it in both chrome and safari with private browsing. No go. Please see secure note for FTP info.

Vince

Hi Vincent,

Thank you for the information and testing the case. I double checked the website and tested 2 scenarios to see if this is something that happens whenever any page is assigned to as the homepage or only that specific page (v is for …).

1. To test the case I added a Test Page and it worked with no problem in Cornerstone. Then I temporarily assigned that test page as the main homepage of the website from Settings > Reading and again it worked with no problem.

2. I temporarily removed the V id for … page as the homepage and the tested the case and it is not working even if that page is not set as the homepage of the website.

The test above shows that the problem is not the fact that there is a theme related problem regarding the homepage, the problem is that specific page.

I suggest that you install the Duplicate Post plugin, and clone that page for testing purposes. Then try to remove the sections one by one and test the page to see which section is causing the issue.

My guess is that the problem is because of the server not being able to handle too many sections regarding the resources these sections need to render in the Cornerstone. You can test my guess by moving your website to another server or your local machine temporarily and see if that very same page works there. If yes then you will be 100% sure it is a server related problem.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.