Cannot access Pro editor in Wordpress 5.0

Hello, this morning I logged into my site to find Wordpress had updated itself. I’m having several issues, one of which is that the Pro editor isn’t showing up anymore.

Any ideas?

Update: I went into my functions.php in the child theme and the appropriate code to use the block editor for posts instead of the Gutenberg editor:

Any ideas on why Pro doesn’t work with upgraded Wordpress?

thanks…

Jesamine

1 Like

Hi Jesamine,

Thanks for writing in!

Pro is compatible with New WordPress editor.
To access Pro editor for a post or page, Go to list of Page/Post when you roll over and you see the link for Edit With Pro

Please check this article for more clarification!

Thanks

Hi thanks for responding. I know how to use Pro and access it when it’s working. My problem is that I no longer see the option in the image you supplied. When I look at the pages and posts for which I used the Pro Editor, they show up in the only in a rich text editor with a lot of code in it. All access to Pro is completely gone.

I had seen that article, but again, because all of my Pro options are gone, it does not help me. It is working on my other sites, but not the one I shared.

Hi Jesamine,

In that case, could you please try testing for a plugin conflict by disabling your 3rd party plugins. If the issue is resolved, then you can activate your plugins one by one to see which plugin causing this issue.

If you’re still having issues, then you can disable your child theme by activating your parent Pro theme and see if your child theme customizations cause this issue.

If you’re using any caching plugins on your site, please purge your server cache and temporally disable your caching plugins while you’re testing.

In case if you’re still having issues, please provide us with your WordPress login credentials along with your FTP credentials in a secure note to investigate this further.

Thanks!

Okay, I am at the point where I need to disable my child theme, but I feel hesitant to do that for some reason. I have already tested for plugin conflict and there is none.

I have noticed that I can access Pro in my Pages, just not the blog posts.

I realize that I am being paranoid by not disabling my child theme, but I have a lot of custom code. That is not easy for me to replicate, so I thought I would give you an update about the page/post conflict and see if anyone had any thoughts.

thanks for your willingness to help!

Hi I am having the same problem and non of the solutions are working. I have disabled the third party plugins and the child theme, I have Increased memory, I have updated all the theme and cornerstone, wordpress, all plugins, and the browser, but still not working. All I see is a moving circle and nothing happens. Oh yea Customizer not work either.

Hi Jesamine,

It sounds like permission related, could you try going to Admin > X/Pro > Settings > Permissions and make sure Posts is turned on?

Else, your the editor will be disabaled on your posts. It’s a recent feature so you probably came from older version :slight_smile:

@warren322, I recommend starting a new thread about this and provide your login credentials for security purposes. And your issue is different since the builder is active but it just won’t load. I went ahead and removed the credentials that you added and it’s also wrong so please provide the correct one in your thread :slight_smile:

Thanks!

1 Like

Rad, you’re awesome! :sunglasses: That was it. I’m having a 30-second dance party in honor of you! Thank you so much.

You’re welcome. Glad we’re able to help.

Hi,

Same with me. I updated just now and it’s no longer working. All my permissions are switched to green. I’m going to check other threads now, in case I find another solution. Thanks,

Louisa

Hi Louisa,

Please note the Edit with Cornerstone button will appear on the top left of the new editor:

If you want to switch back to the classic editor, please install this plugin:

Let us know how it goes!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.