Cannot access page edition to modify page

Hello, I am trying to get back to my site and edit a page where the Google map does show an error message like this:

When I select "modify page and then “edit with Cornestone”, I get the following error message:

“Uh oh!
An unidentifiable error is preventing the live preview from loading. Switching to Skeleton Mode.”

Can you help me recovering access to page edition and alos help solving this google map error?

Thank you

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! It appears that you are using an older version of Cornerstone (2.0.1). This version will no longer with X theme 6.2.5. You will need to update it and make sure to use the latest version which is Cornerstone 3.2.5. This release contains fixes for several issues so be sure to check out the changelog (https://theme.co/changelog/). Please do update to the latest version. After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Please let us know how it goes.

Thank you and where can I go to get or do the upgrade to the latest version of Cornestone. I thought it would appear in my list of updates in Wordpress but it is not.

I see I bought the X Theme through Envato Market. Is Cornestone included in the X theme license? I guess so. SO I would just need to download it back from Envato To update it?

Hi,

Yes, you can download it from envato/themeforest.

Please check Manual Updates section on the link below

Thanks

Hi and thank you for your update. I have been able to update Cornestone successfully, great.

How do I do to have the google map not showing this error message with development mode? I was working before and stop working showing this message on the picture.

Seems like Google made it that you now need an API key and you need to register and pay for using google maps? Is it so?

Any idea on how to get a simple map for free? It is just showing my location and be able ti zoom in out. No fency stuff. Thx.

Hello @PierreMeul,

Thanks for updating the thread.

Please note that offlate Google has changed how you access Google maps resource and that after a certain number of requests, Google is charging for every additional request. You can find more information here:

https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/error-messages?utm_source=maps_js&utm_medium=degraded&utm_campaign=billing#api-key-and-billing-errors

As an alternative you can take a look at Bing maps and use the Embed code to display maps on your website. You can use Raw Content Element to add the Embed code.

https://www.bing.com/maps/embed-a-map?src=SHELL&form=LMLTEW

To help you get started with Bing maps, I have recorded a screencast that you can take a look.

Thanks.

Wow !!! That is super suport :wink: Thank you very much, I will look at that today and make sure I can use it.

Is there a way to add my location as a point on that Bing map ? I can’t find that yet.

Hi,

You need to search your location first then click on share to get the embed code.

See screenshot

Hope that helps

Great, Thank you !

Glad we were able to help :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.