Cannot access/edit page in Cornerstone - Script conflict

I am unable to access/edit a page on my site in Cornerstone. When I try to open it, I get the following pop-up warning.

Hey!
Loading the preview took longer than expected. There may be script conflicts on this page.

I have two other pages with the same CSS related to a form on the page that do not have the issue. Everything else on the page was drag-and-drop Cornerstone, so I am not sure what the issue it. Thanks.

I am having the same issue.

I am trying to clear the elements of the page and rebuild the pages to solve the issue, in case if any other admins have done an edit outside of cornerstone (it happened to me before :sweat_smile: ).

But on top of that, I cannot create a package in Duplicator (I use this plugin to create the backup of the website before running any update). I am not sure if I can update the website to WordPress 4.8.2.

Hi There @cutgaard,

Thank you for writing in, try increasing your PHP memory limit. To do this, Add the following line on your wp-config.php file located at the root directory of your site.

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

You can add it just before the line:

/* That’s all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

Another thing, please re-set the background-image of that page as it seems not accessible or does not exist (see the link below, that is the link of your supposedly background-image and the page is throwing an error on the browser console because of that.)

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

Hi @Kenza,

You can, the latest X and PRO is compatible with the latest Wordpress (4.8.2). Try using another migration/backup plugin (All-in-One WP Migration or BackupBuddy).

Or you can create your backup manually

Backing Up Your WordPress Site
Backing Up Your Database

Cheers!

@friech

I ended doing a manual backup of the website and updated Wordpress. I still cannot use cornerstone (the script conflict message is still here).

Can you help?

Hi @Kenza

Please do a testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Also if you have any custom JavaScripts added on the Theme Options > JS or on specific page JS, try removing it and see if that resolves the issue, if it does then you know its a JS conflict.

Another thing, try switching to parent X theme there might be something on your child theme that causing the issue.

Make sure to do all of this while your caching plugins are cleared and deactivated.

This can also be a server side issue, see to it that your site is in PHP and MYSQL version 5.6 or higher (WordPress requirements) and PHP Memory Limit at least 128MB and PHP Max Script Execute Time to 300, you can use this plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-serverinfo/) to check it (under Dashboard > WP-ServerInfo), if one of this is not meet please contact your hosting and ask how you can update/increase it.

If you’re on SiteGround Cloud Hosting, please add this on your .htaccess file located at the root directory of your WP installation.

<IfModule mod_security.c>
SecFilterRemove 001420
</IfModule>

If nothing of this work, please create your own thread and provide us your login credentials there in a “Secure Note”.

(Nope you can not add a secure note here (on someones thread) because it will be visible to the thread starter)

How To Post A Support Question

Cheers!