Cannot access Customizer anymore

I used to be able to open the Customizer and view my custom CSS additions by line number. There are several @media entries and image customizations. I can no longer figure out how to find these. I know they still exist because the site is displaying correctly. How do I get back to this editor in new X versions? Thanks!

Hi David,

It’s now under X > Theme Options > CSS or if you are using PRO Pro > Theme Options > CSS

Thanks

Thanks for the response. I guess I never found it because I can’t access that area. All I get is an endlessly spinning “loading” icon. I let it run for 10 minutes. See screenshot. What to try next?

Hi David,

Please check for the following first:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. If you’re using a caching plugin, clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugin and other optimization plugins.

1. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

2. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

3. Temporarily remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

4. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

5. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

If none of these helps, kindly provide us your wordpress admin login in `Secure Note.

Thanks.

Hi,

Can you provide us your site login url in Secure Note

The url that is listed under your account doesn’t seem to work.

Thanks

Hello David,

Thanks for sharing the details.

1. I see that you are using X Theme version 6.3.4. Please update to version 6.3.6 as it comes with bunch of bug fixes.
  2. Please increase the memory limit to 512mb from 256mb. My colleague has shared on how you can increase the memory limit, please take a look at the step number 5.

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

I already added the memory limit increase to the config file. I also updated to 6.3.6 and am still having the same issue. Anything else to try?

Hello @dsphinx1,

It seems that there could be corrupted file during the updates. Would you mind providing us your FTP details in a secure note instead so that we can investigate and hopefully resolved this issue. We need to check your wp-config.php and other file settings.

Thank you in advance.

Hey David,

I see you’re using Cloudflare’s Rocket Loader. Would you mind deactivating it and then clear all caches to see if that is causing the issue? If it works, you can then try the guide I’ll link below to exclude X from Cloudflare and Rocket Loader.

If that does not help, would you mind contacting the Hummingbird plugin support to learn how to completely uninstall it from your site. We would need to troubleshoot without any optimization so it won’t get in the way.

Not related, but could potentially cause future issues, I see you’ve not set your salt keys in wp-config.php. You need to set that up.

Thanks.

I disabled Rocket Loader and paused all Cloudflare activity for cvhps.com and companionveterinaryhospital.com, deactivated Hummingbird and changed salt keys. Still can’t get into Customizer.

Is there any other way to access the custom CSS and JS?

Other ideas?

Hi David,

Please check now and try it again. It looks like the Administrator permission is corrupted in Admin > X > Settings. Resetting it fixes it.

Thanks!

Great! Is it fixed. Thanks for your efforts.

You are most welcome. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.