Can not validate license for a website

Hi Guys,
I have an exisiting x-theme license and I have unlocked it and reassigned it to the new website. In wordpress when i try to activate it using the “Item Purchase Code” it says “Uh Oh, we couldn’t check if this license was valid. Details.” When I click details the following error appears, cURL error 28: Connection timed out after 10000 milliseconds".

I have asked the company that hosts my domain. I sent them the following,

"I could not validate my x-theme license. I have assigned it to my current website at apex but it comes up with the following error,

cURL error 28: Connection timed out after 10000 milliseconds

The following is an exempt from Apex on what I should do.

"Using the error message above, you can contact your webhost. Here is a form letter you may use:

Hello [provider],

My WordPress installation is having a hard time making outbound HTTP requests. I’m using X theme and it makes a request to community.theme.co for setting up automatic updates. Here is the error message I’m receiving:

Could you please do the following?

– Ensure my site can reach this domain: community.theme.co
– Ensure cURL is working, and allow_url_fopen is enabled.
– Ensure PHP is configured with the latest CA Root Certificates.
– Check into the error message above.""

This was as per another forum post. They responded with this

"I can’t seem to ping that website on my local machine & the server.

The X Themes server could possibly be down?

I even whitelisted 50.31.66.102"

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Kindest Regards,

Cham

Hello Cham,

Thanks for writing in! Since you already done most of the troubleshooting, would you mind providing us access to your site so that we can check your settings and investigate? Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Meanwhile, you may also update your X theme and Cornerstone plugin manually. You can download a fresh copy of the theme from your dashboard: (https://theme.co/apex/dashboard). You might want to check this knowledge base article as well; see the Manual Updates section

Best Regards.

Hi RueNel,
Secure Note Added with relevant information.
Thanks so much.
Kindest Regards,
Cham

Hello Cham,

The validation issue occurs because the current version of the theme is quite old which does not support the current validation process.

Because of that, you will have to manually through FTP then update X and Cornerstone to the latest version then validate your theme installation.

Here is a link for a details information on how to do an update:

Please remember to clear all caches when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors or any unexpected display issue on the site.

Kindly make sure to keep a backup of your site before doing an update.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.