Can no longer change heading size?

Seems like with the last Cornerstone update I can no longer customize the size of the heading, you used to be able to make the heading either em or pixel and change the size, is that just a glitch in mine or did you take that away? I can’t find anywhere in the theme to make the H1 tag bigger, currently it’s the same size as body text

Also the font specified for the headings only show up in the blog correctly, the rest of the website it’s the same font as the body text.

Hi Shannon,

Thank you for writing in, no we won’t take away a significant feature like that. I check your site and I see your X and Cornerstone is not in sync in version (x-v7.0.0 cornerstone-v4.0.2). Please update both to the latest version to avoid incompatibility issues. The latest version as of this writing is X 7.0.3 and CS 4.0.3

Updating Your Themes and Plugins

Remember to clear all your caching features (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

I just updated cornerstone but I don’t see an update for X, how do I update that?
I clicked the check every 12 hours to see the new update for X and still no.

Also I can’t seem to find the place to clear cache, I’ve also searched your database for the answer and no luck. (update I found the clear style cache button, still no change)

Hi Shannon,

Please navigate to Dashboard > Update and click this button.

An update notification for X should show up. If not, please follow the Manual Updates guide provided here instead.

I see that your site is under CloudFlare, please see this documentation on how to Purging cached resources from Cloudflare.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

I updated X and cornerstone and cleared the cache, the headings are still not displaying properly and I"m still not able to change the size

Hey There,

I still can see that there is old CloudFlare cache. Please go into the caching options and activate the “Development Mode” and reload the page several times. Let me know if you need anything further.

I did as you said, still not displaying headings properly and still no option to change the size

Hello Shannon,

Thanks for updating the thread.

In that regards please share website login details in secure note for us to take a closer look at the setup.

Thanks.

Done, I added a secure note, thank you.

Hello Shannon,

Are you referring to this h1 or entry heading title?

You cannot change the font within the Theme Options by default. To make it bigger, please add the following CSS code in the X > Theme Options > Global CSS (http://prntscr.com/evui3r)

h1.entry-title {
    font-size: 250%;
}

Feel free to change the font-size value and unit (px, em, rem or % ).

HI, I’m talking about the pages in the website, not the blog. The headings are all the same size and font as the body text in cornerstone and there’s now way to change the size and they don’t change to the font I specified.

Hey Shannon,

To increase the page titles, because it is using the landmark header, you will have to make use of this custom css:

.page .h-landmark, 
.page .h-landmark.entry-title {
    font-size: 300%;
}

Feel free to change the font size that fits in your design.

Will I have to use that on every page, or do I add it somewhere specific, also will that fix the fonts for the headings, right now they’re showing up same as body font?

Hello Shannon,

Please add the CSS code in the X > Theme Options > Global CSS (http://prntscr.com/evui3r)

.page .h-landmark, 
.page .h-landmark.entry-title {
    font-size: 300%;
}

Kindly let us know how it goes.

All it did is make the title of the page really big but it didn’t change anything with the headline. Let me explain again,
when I use the headline element in cornerstone, the font is the same size and family as the body font (open sans) even though it’s set to be different (comforaa). Also there used to be a way to change the size but now that option is gone. The only thing I can change is the margins.

Hello Shanon,

Are you referring to these options in the headline element settings?

They maybe turned OFF at the moment. Please go to X > Settings > Permissions > User Preferences and make sure that the Advanced Mode is set to “Always ON”.

Hope this helps.

Thank you the controls are now showing

We are delighted to assist you with this.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.