Can I use Elementor with X-Theme instead of CornerStone?

Hi there,

As the subject states, this is a very simple question:

Can I use Elemento instead of CornerStone to make edits to my website?

I find that Elementor has a friendlier user interface than CornerStone
and additional features that CornerStone lacks like columns within columns
and more importantly, being able to manually adjust the column width percentages

CornerStone still requires people to use lots of code, especially with how little V2 elements we have
in comparison to the older V1 elements which offer more variety, but require much more CSS know-how
and are just tedious to work with.

I hope its possible to run Elemento or that you guys start to implement some of the super user-friendly features
that Elementor has into CornerStone because I do love X-Theme.

Regards,
Rob.

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! When you install and activate X theme, you will have the option to use the Cornerstone or just the default WP editor. If you need other page builder like Elementor, yes, you can use it. Just please understand that the page builder is only limited to the page/post content area.

Hope this helps.

That’s awesome, I’m glad to know w have such flexibility with X-Theme

But now my main concern is what will happen to my current website layout, which I’ve build using cornerstone,
once I deactivate Cornerstone and activate Elementor or some other page builder?

HI There,

If you have any page build with cornerstone, then it will have issue after disabling cornerstone.
The content won’t show because cornerstone elements are build with Short-code, which won’t work without the plugins.

There won’t be issue if you will use both the plugins.

Thanks