Can I load X demo content without losing Pages built in Pro?

Hi, I have both a Pro and X theme license and have built a website using Pro. I now want to load some demo content from the X theme and rebuild/change some of the pages/demo content in Pro. I understand Pro doesn’t have access to the X theme demo content (yet…hopefully…still don’t understand why that’s not included with Pro…anyway, that’s a for another support ticket). What I want to know is…is there a way to download/save the templates/pages I have in Pro at the moment…then switch to X, load the demo content, and then switch back to Pro (with the loaded demo content still available)…and then import/reload the saved pages originally created in Pro? Thanks.

UPDATE - so I simply switched the theme over to X from Pro…loaded the demo content (which didn’t delete all the Pro content/pages as I expected)…now, when I go to edit the X demo content/pages in Pro, some of the pages work and some don’t? Which doesn’t make sense (to me anyway)…I just get a message saying the preview couldn’t load because the HTML preview does not include a tag (on the pages that won’t load). Any ideas why some of the X theme demo content can be edited in Pro and some can’t? Thanks.

UPDATE - and when I try and edit the demo content (downloaded from the X theme) in the X theme (not pro)…I still can’t edit or preview the pages due to the missing HTML? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi David,

Thanks for writing in! Could you please try following our general troubleshooting guide below. Most common issues that we have identified are due to plugin conflicts or PHP memory related.

1. Try re-generating your permalink settings and see if the issue is related to your .htaccess file. Check your permalink settings (General -> Permalinks) and set Postname save changes to re-create your .htaccess file.

2. Test for a plugin conflict by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

3. Then try increasing your PHP Memory limit. You can do this by editing your wp-config.php file which can be located under the root of your WordPress installation. Please follow our detailed guide here (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-increasing-php-memory-limit/16935).

4. Make sure that you’re running at least PHP v5.6.x or later to avoid any WordPress related incompatibility issues. If you’re not sure what your server configurations and settings are, install a plugin like WP-Serverinfo (https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-serverinfo/) and check your server info by head over to Dashboard -> WP Serverinfo area.

5. Check your PHP Max Execution Time and set it for 120 or higher for optimal usage.

Let us know how it goes.
Thank you.

Hi. Thanks for the reply. Just an update for you so you might be able to present more tips to users who experience the same issue…I tried all of the above and none of them worked. After searching through forums etc., I found a suggestion to simply changed the ‘Home’ page name (as I already have a home page) and boom…works fine; no further mention of missing HTML and all previews load now. I’m guessing the conflict comes from the demo ‘home’ page being added as a static home page when I already had one - either change the name or reassign the home page.

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know.

Have a nice day! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.