Caching issue perhaps

Yes Hello,
This is a problem that has plagued me for a couple of years. My site is so very slow to load on all of
my computers. My latest issue was the page did not load. See attached snips. One snip has the actual warning saying it
may be an aggressive caching issue caused by plug-in incompatibility. The next snip has all of my plugins and you can see I have no extra non-X plugins. This has been going on for the two years I have had Themeco’s hosting. PLEASE what is the problem ?

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in! First of all, make sure that you’re fully updated by cross reference to this guide here (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195).

Even though if you’re only using X plugins, make sure to update them as well and clear your server cache before testing.

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

Yes Hello and thank you very much.
I have checked your suggestions and most of my plugins are up to date.
Contact Form 7 has not been updating. I am running version 4.7 vs 5.1. This plugin
does not auto update for some reason. Thoughts ?
My themes are all up to dates.

It seems the pages with lots of cornerstone sections and rows seem to load much
slower than pages with just one or two simple sections.

Thoughts ? Thank you Darshana

Hey @tomraffelt,

Thanks for the additional details. I have seen similar issues like that also and here are the possible causes.

1. Low memory. Try contacting your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php
define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );
  1. Resource usage limits. Your host could limit your resource usage like CPU and memory if you have gone above what’s stated in your plan. Please note that you’re using server resources when you’re working on your site and that includes designing a page in Cornerstone and other WordPress and plugin activities. With that said, if you have a lot of pages to design, you would need a quality host with adequate resources allocated only for you or a few users. Here’s a guide in choosing web hosts.

Also see https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-builder-preview-warnings/14404

Thanks.

Hello Christian and thank you for the comments. You mention “…would need a quality host with adequate resources…” Not to state the obvious but YOU (THEMECO) are my host ! Are you saying Themeco is not a quality host for me ? I guess I’m a bit confused. Please I look forward to your reply.

There was an issue with how Pro was installed. Somehow it was nested inside another folder. I’ve reinstalled the theme. I’m not seeing the error anymore. Let us know if you encounter it again.

Oh my gosh Alexander thank you very much. My gut was telling me there was something fundamentally funky. I greatly appreciate your help. Regarding the memory limit with my php file. Since I am not a developer how can I make sure this is correct.

define( ‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘256M’ );
define( ‘WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘512M’ );

You’re welcome! I’m sorry we didn’t respond adequately earlier with something more relevant for a Themeco hosting customer. You shouldn’t need those statements. The memory limits are already set to an optimal level.

Are there any other outstanding issues you need assistance with here?

Yes Hello. Once again I am getting the non-responsive due to aggressive caching dialog box. See attached. Thoughts ?
Thank you very much.

Hey @tomraffelt,

I opened your sport page, home page and a test page and Cornerstone loaded fast (see Secure Note). Try clearing your browser cache or test in incognito mode.

Sorry for the confusion regarding my previous reply. I didn’t notice you mentioned Themeco Hosting.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.