Buy Buttons

Hi Dave,

Would you mind providing a mockup design of how the name should be displayed? This should be okay and displayed

You can change it anytime, but I’m not still sure what you intend to display.

Thanks!

Rad - I think we are talking past each other. I am trying to not display the name at all. I would like that feature disabled. So the “Hi, I’m David…” starts by the top of the picture where the current bolded “David” starts.

Hi David,

Ah, you’re referring to the name from the description and not the name itself. Please add this CSS to Theme Ooptions > CSS

.x-author-box .h-author {
    display: none;
}

Hope this helps.

Thanks Rad - I will try that out.

One more easy one for you, when I activate the child theme and start adding the above recommendations to the functions.php file, do I always keep the child theme active or do I switch back to the normal x-theme?

Does it matter which theme I add CSS changes to like the author box modification above?

Same question when making the global blocks. Do I make them in the regular theme or the child theme and which theme do I run all the time?

Thanks -

Thanks

Hi David,

The child theme must always active if you wish your customization to be active as well, those are customization added to child theme functions.php and its templates. But activating the child theme will also activate the parent theme and its feature, it’s not just marked active in the admin.

The Theme Options isn’t specific to parent or child theme since it’s saved in database, so it doesn’t matter just as long as you place there.

Same for global block, it doesn’t matter if you’re on parent or child theme.

Thanks!

Great, thanks for all the help Rad. Great service you and your company are offering here, especially for new people like me. The Apex forum as been especially helpful. I try to go there and search for answers first before I opened a thread.

Glad we could always help, it’s our pleasure :slight_smile: and you’re most welcome!

Rad - two more for ya.

If I wanted to add social share at the bottom of each post (right below the post and above the about me and book/buy buttons), would I insert something into the global CSS like you have above? I have not yet tried to insert the code you provided as I am still working on the global blocks.

Thanks

HI David,

No, to achieve that, you need to add the code below in your child theme’s functions.php file

add_action('x_after_view_global__content-the-content', 'view_about_me');

function view_about_me () { if ( ! is_singular('post') ) return false; 

echo do_shortcode('[cs_gb id=381]');

}

Change [cs_gb id=381] with your global block shortcode.

For more information kindly refer to these links

Thanks

Thanks Paul for the reply, the resources, and the code. It worked perfectly. Have a nice evening.

David

You’re most welcome.

Hey guys -

I thought it was working but it doesn’t look like it’s bringing in the “about me” into the bottom of my blog post. It is however bringing in my global block. Here is the code I put in functions.php.

add_action(‘x_after_view_global__content-the-content’, ‘view_about_me’);

function view_about_me () { if ( ! is_singular(‘post’) ) return false;

echo do_shortcode(’[cs_gb id=212]’);

}

Thanks

Hello David,

Thanks for updating in!

I will place the code in a fully indented manner here:

function view_about_me () { 
	if ( ! is_singular('post') ) {
		return false;
	}

echo do_shortcode('[cs_gb id=212]');

}

This function code named as “view_about_me()” will append the post contents adding the global block at the bottom. Actually to make the code not so confusing, you can have it like this:

if ( is_singular('post') ) {

}

}

I am not sure of you are expecting to display something else otherwise. Would you mind clarifying what you have in mind?

Thank you in advance.

Thanks for the update. I inserted the new code you provided and it still isn’t displaying the “about me” at the bottom of my post.

I would like at the bottom of each post to display the “about me” as shown on my home page, followed by the global block I created?

Thanks
David

Hey David,

You might be using an incorrect hook. Please have your code updated and use this instead:

add_action('x_after_the_content_end', 'view_about_me');

if ( is_singular('post') ) {

}

}

Please note that custom coding is outside the scope of our support. Issues that might arise from the use of custom code and further enhancements should be directed to a third party developer.

Please let us know if this works out for you.

Hey RueNel,

I tried inputting that code and the “about me” still isn’t showing up after the blog post, only my global block is showing up. And I also don’t have any custom code. Anything in my .php is from apex support staff.

Thanks
David

Hey guys, disregard. I didn’t realize I can simply add the author shortcode into the global block. Problem solved. Thanks for all the help.

Sorry one more final question - I know you guys are probably wanting to shut down this thread by now.

Can you help me understand what this is that shows up on my blog post?

Will that show up to the public when my site goes live? I just don’t know what it is or why it is there, when I hit the option to turn of meta it still stays there.

Thanks

Hello David,

Thanks for updating in! Please do not say that we always want to shutdown this thread. Our aim in our support is to resolve any issue. We do appreciate if the issue is added one thread after the other to avoid getting off topic and confusion to our staff responding on the issue.

By the way, you are referring to the Meta widget. You can change this in your widgets section which can be done in Appearance > Widgets.

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.