Buttons not appearing since update

Hi there,

I recently updated to the newest Cornerstone / X Theme, but ever since I have been having issues with my buy it now buttons not appearing. I’m using Easy Digital Downloads plugin to run my online store.

Here is an example of how it used to look:

But this is how it looks now. As you can see the button is gone:

I am using shortcode for the button inside a div tag to align the button center. The code is below:

[purchase_link id="1485" text="Add to Cart" price="0" class="x-btn x-btn-flat x-btn-square x-btn-x-large"]

My URL is https://bnbduck.com/airbnb-resources/

Do you know what could be causing this issue?

Hey Adam,

It seems that you have updated X to version 6.5.6 but your Cornerstone version is in version 3.5.4. The compatible version for X 6.5.6 is Cornerstone 3.5.5 so the issue you are getting might be an incompatibility issue so kindly go to your plugins page and update Cornerstone from there.

Here is a link for a details information on how to do an update:

Please remember to clear all caches when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors or any unexpected display issue on the site.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Jade. I went ahead and updated to the newest Cornerstone as well as cleared my caches, however the buttons are still not appearing.

I have tried on different browsers and devices, but still the same issue. This issue has got me stumped.

Hi Adam,

I can see the div is there but empty. Can you try testing the button first using another element, like text element or content area element. See if it is returning anything. If not, try adding it on a new page using default wordpress editor not Cornerstone editor. Let’s see if the issue is using Cornerstone element or not. We can confirm that if will work using default wordpress editor. Please update us with the result and if you think it will help us diagnose the issue, please try to share site credentials inside a secure note.

Hi Lely,

Nope, button did not appear when using that shortcode in the default WordPress editor. Nor did it work in Cornerstone using different elements.

When you suggest sharing site credentials using secure note, does that mean sharing WordPress username and password? (sorry if that’s an obvious question).

Hi Adam,

Thank you for the confirmation. In that case, please check in first with the Easy Digital Downloads plugin developer. Since it is the same using normal wordpress editor, the plugin developer should help you better. Thank you.

Ok I will give that a go and hopefully can get to the bottom of it.

You’re welcome, Adam.

I spoke to the plugin developer, they suggested I temporarily switch to a default theme such as Twenty Nineteen and test if the button appears, that way I will know if it’s the theme causing the conflict.

Before I do that, I just wanted to double check if I will lose anything (ie. content, formatting, etc) by switching themes then switching back?

Hi Adam,

You should not lose anything when you get back to the theme. Though, it is always recommended to save a backup of the entire website.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.