Button text is no longer displaying

Hello,

I’m reaching out because the text on our Contact button at the very bottom of our homepage is no longer displaying. It was working fine but when I logged in today, the button shape has changed and there is no text.

I’ve tried editing in cornerstone, but the text still doesn’t display even in the cornerstone editor.

Your help is much appreciated.
I’ll also upload login credentials.

Screen shot attached.

Hey Lauren,

The given credentials doesn’t work. Please check.

The button content is empty. Issues like this usually result from syntax errors in custom HTML. Are you using HTML in the button area or within your page? Please save your page as a Template and load the template in a test page and remove all sections and elements in the page except the button. If it’s fixed, there’s something in your content that causes the issue. Please check your content one by one for custom HTML and fix if a syntax error is found.

Hi Christian,

Sorry about the password. I forgot we changed it. I’ve updated the password in the secure note.

I also tried saving that contact section with the button issue from the homepage into a template and loaded the template onto a test page. However, I couldn’t get the text on the button to display. Even when I created a new button on the test page, I couldn’t get any text to display.

I don’t have any custom html anywhere (we’re not very advanced), just some custom css but not on the test page and not in the template. I can inspect the button and type in html, so I think the CSS is fine.

I’d be grateful for any help on how to fix this. :confused:

Sincerely,

Hi Lauren,

I am able to login and I can see the issue. There’s a preview timeout error. I can see memory is already 512MB from your server info.

Can you try a basic troubleshooting first? You could try testing for a plugin conflict. There’s 25 currently active. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

If the issue persists, please save the homepage as template. Load it on a new test page. On this test page, please try to remove one section at a time. Then save and check after. Let’s see if this is a result of any errors on one of your content.

Let us know how this goes.

Hi Lely,

Thank you, I tried turning off the plugins but sadly, nothing worked.

I’ve uploaded a template of just the contact us button from the homepage to a private test page.

It’s still blank. What’s odd is that even when I add a new button to the module, the text doesn’t appear. I’ve attached a screenshot from Cornerstone so you can see that there is text in the Button’s set up, but the button itself appears blank.

Also can you let me know how to handle the preview timeout error? Sorry :confused:

Many thanks,
Lauren

Hi Lauren,

I can see the issue still.
I somehow forgot to check your X and Cornerstone version in the first place. This is incompatibility issue. Please update X theme to X 7.0.4 and Cornerstone 4.0.4.

Check again after the update. Don’t forget to clear cache after update.

Hope this helps.

Hi Lely,

Ahhh, I see, thank you for pointing that out. I’ve updated Cornerstone to version 4.0.4, and I believe our X theme license is validated, but I can’t figure out how to trigger the automatic update.

Can you let me know how to do this?

Thank you again,
Lauren

Hi Lauren,

Please navigate to Dashboard > Updates and scroll at the bottom and you’ll see an X theme notice for an update to 7.0.4. More details here.

Sometimes the Automatic Updates method will not work if your X theme and Cornerstone are so outdated, in this case, please follow the Manual Updates method instead (in the same link above).

Remember to clear all your caching features (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

@friech Thank you so much!

You are most welcome Lauren!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.