Button loads on homepage before everything else

This is just a slight annoyance, but I would like to fix it if I can. Aside from speeding up the whole site, which I haven’t gotten around to even figuring out yet, how can I get my button to stop loading first on the homepage of my site (on mobile). On mobile, when visiting my site… the button is loaded right away while everything else is black and takes a second to load. It looks unprofessional.

Thanks for any help.

Hi Jacob,

Unfortunately, you have limited options in this case scenario. Your Revolution Slider created slide is very heavy and mobile devices can not load the assets of the sliders correctly due to the limited resources.

There are three possible solutions comes into my mind:

Using Revolution Slider Preloader Feature:

You will have a better chance using the preloader feature of the Revolution Slider to hide the slide completely till a complete load of the assets. Here is a good starting point for your research.

Using Another Slider Layer for Mobile

You can use the Hide/Show feature of the Revolution Slider Layers to avoid using the problematic layer on mobile devices. Here is a good starting point for your research.

Use Another Slider Altogether for Mobile

You can use the Hide During Breakpoint feature to avoid loading the slider altogether for mobile and have an alternative slider or solution for mobile view.

Thank you.

Hi Christopher, Revolution Slider is actually not being used for mobile. I’ve created a regular section with a v2 element I believe. Sorry for the confusion!

Anything we can do to get that element to not load before everything else?

Hello Jacob,

The button and the other text element is loaded as soon as the page loads. The Background image and the headline is not yet displayed because the image and the “Red Hat Display” font is still loading. You cannot do anything about.

Alternative, you can recreate the section and use the classic section, row and column so that you can apply the Fade Animation in the column settings. You can always add a classic section by pressing CMD or Windows button in the your keyboard. The “Add Section” will become “Add Classic Section” as you press the key.

Hope this helps.

Actually you know what, that is perfect. Thanks Rue.

You’re most welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.