Bundled Plugin Updates

Hello. This may have been addressed somewhere and I missed it or haven’t found it yet. How should bundled plugin updates be managed? Should I be updating the plugins when they are outdated, or do you do a push update? Currently, I have about 6 plugins out of date which I’m not comfortable with. I saw a couple horror stories about people losing their websites after updating plugins and I want to avoid that at all costs. Please let me know how updates for plugins bundled with the theme should be managed. Thank you.

Hello @HGPower,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

For bundled plugins we provide the updates upon testing the updates that released by plugin author. We maintain a version compatibility guide that you can take a look to know the latest supported version.

You can also take a look at theme and plugin update guide:

Thanks.

You must have 2 installations --> What your customers could see and a staging area -->Where update and maintain the website . When everthing is OK you must launch it on the live version for the customers . Usually if you wait lot of time you are going to have a higher probability of crashing your real website . It is like a car , you must maintain and keep an eye that everything is working well . If you wait too much and do not keep everything working completely fine , you could crash the car ( the website in our case ) . Kind regards!

@Borislav.VD … Thank you for your valuable input.

@HGPower

Sometimes updates doesn’t go well due to various issues such as server configurations, plugin conflicts, conflict with specific customization added to a site etc. So we do not recommend to test updates on a live server.

The whole purpose of providing two licenses (development and production), so that customers can always test before pushing changes to production server.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.