Building a portfolio

Hi,

I have used other Wordpress themes before but thusfar I have become an X-fan. But … I having an issue setting up our new portfolio page. From anther post I found using a Grid plugin and that seems to work but the default page layout for a portfolio page does not fit my requirements. How can I best approach this?
NB. We are a IT distributor representing a number of vendors in our … portfolio. From the portfolio overview page, site visitors should be able to click through to a vendor-specific page. The current default layout does not work nicely for this.
BTW using Gym as demo/example

best regards,
Martin

Hey Martin,

Would you mind specifying what kind of layout you want to use for the portfolio page so that we can give a more exact suggestions?

Thank you.

Hi Jade,

I want to create one "base’ portfolio page with the vendors we have as selctable items and when ckicked-on, each has it’s own (fool-width) page

Hello Martin,

What we have right now is how the portfolio works in the theme. To know more about it and how you maybe able to set it up, please check out this knowledge base article:

If this does not fit for your requirements, you may need to find other 3rd party plugins.

Thank you for your understanding.

Hi,
The portfolio overview page seems to be working properly (now), but I am stuck with the portfolio-item page only having one left-sided column and I cannot (yet) get it fullwidth

I could set the site temporary from ‘under construction’ so you could see what I mean

Hello Martin,

Thanks for the updates.

Please be informed that we have designed the portfolio item page differently for each respective stacks.
To make the portfolio item as fullwidth in Gym Demo, please add the following CSS code in the X > Theme Options > Global CSS (http://prntscr.com/evui3r)

.single-x-portfolio .entry-featured,
.single-x-portfolio .entry-wrap {
    float: none;
    width: 100%;
    padding-left: 0;
    padding-right: 0;
}

We would love to know if this has worked for you. Thank you.

I tried this, but it didn’t do the trick. I may have copied another template file in my efforts to resolve this, as I think I now am using a template with a right sidebar; when I add the social shares via the optiosn>portfolio setting, I get those icons in a right sidebar - see att

Hey Martin,

Are you working on the NewChannel site? Its under Under Construction mode, please provide us login credentials in a secure note so we can take a closer look.

Thanks,

I sent logon details by secure note - pls let me know you findings

Hi Martin,

It seems that you have sent your login credentials to our staff member @friech directly. Since we’re working on different shifts, could you please add your login credentials here in this thread, so any available staff member should be able to look into your issue.

Check secure note feature, below any of your posts in this thread.

Thanks!

secure note added - pls confirm

Hi Martin,

Thank you for the login, to make the portfolio posts fullwidth, please add this to Theme Options > CSS.

/*make the content-area of single portfolio a fullwidth*/
.single-x-portfolio .entry-info {
	float: none;
	width: 100%;
}

/*remove the extra sidebar on portfolio*/
.single-x-portfolio .entry-extra {
	display: none;
}

Please keep in mind though that the elements inside the <iframe> are external so we don’t have control over that content.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

That did the trick - thanks a lot!

You’re more than welcome, glad we could help.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.