BUG Mobile menu does not remain open

Hello,

As many people I have a problem with the mobile menu which does not remain open… the mobile responsive menu does not remain open very long and whe can’t click on menu…

I use an old version, I tried to update the theme (activate cornestone) but it raises problems:

1- The appearance of the site is completely damaged, even by importing the .JSON the site is not as before

2- The menu does not close but we can’t open it… Well, the problem is the same : no menu on mobile…

Hi Stane,

Thanks for reaching out.

With that very old version, I recommend manually doing the update. And yes, there will be issues due to feature gaps, it’s very far behind the latest version.

Please check this for manual installation https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62

And since it’s very old, I recommend doing the update on staging and do the fixes on that staging too. Once done, you can migrate it from the staging back to the live site. Please check this related thread about staging https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/slider-revolution-error-message/48874

And the reason the mobile menu isn’t working is, the installed theme version isn’t compatible with X shortcodes version. They are also pretty old that aren’t compatible with Wordpress 5.0.3 anymore (since you also updated your Wordpress). Please make sure everything is updated once you updated just one of them to prevent incompatibilities.

Hope this helps.

Hi,

I’ve make an FTP update and it doesn’t work. As I said : mobile menu is blocked, appearance of website is damaged.
I’ve download Cornestone too : it doesn’t work.

What does it mean ? If I’ve make any website with X in 2016 (for example) Now it does not work anymore and I can make nothing ? It’s crazy.

Hi Stane,

Cornerstone will not work since you still have X 2.0.0, that theme version was released way before cornerstone and that was called X Shortcodes.

Still, the active X 2.0.0 isn’t compatible X Shortcodes 2.4.0 (before cornerstone).

I checked and I see that you also installed the latest X theme 6.4.6, but it’s not activated. If you wish to use that version then please activate that theme. Then deactivate X shortcodes plugin, delete the current cornerstone. And let the latest X theme install the correct cornerstone version by just visiting Admin > X > Validation ( make sure to wait a bit while it’s being installed, message will appear upon successful install )

Thanks!

Still, the active X 2.0.0 isn’t compatible X Shortcodes 2.4.0 (before cornerstone).

I’ve install X 2.0.0 as the same time that I installer X Shortcodes 2.4.0 : and it worked very well for 4 years.
I therefore confirm that X 2.0.0 is perfectly compatible with X Shortcodes 2.4.0.

today the menu no longer works on the mobile version.
I don’t want to update X, I just want the menu to work.
–> for that I tried to update with the latest version of X but it is impossible: it completely dammaged the design of the site.

So my question is:

• How to make the website menu work as before on mobile devices, while maintaining the graphic aspect of the site ?

Thanks

Hi Stane,

But you’re getting menu issues due javascript error caused by incompatible X 2.0.0 and X Shortcodes 2.4.0. And that’s what we’re currently trying to fix as of now.

If you wish to stay on those old versions then you shouldn’t have update any part of your site. Example, Wordpress core should stay old instead of updated to 5.0.3. Anything you update would could incompatibilities to the features that are still old. I recommend restoring your site to when it’s still not updated.

Thanks!

As you know, wordpress updates help to correct security problems, so I can’t apply your advice.
Moreover, when you pass too many wordpress updates, then it becomes impossible to update and you end up with a completely blocked site.

I’m actually quite surprised by this advice… I’ve been using many themes from Themeforest for 10 years now and I can tell you that I’ve never had this kind of problem before.
… Fortunately it is possible to update all the themes without corrupting all the design of the site…

Thank you for offering me a solution.

Hi Stane,

The only suggestion we could provide is for you to update X and Cornerstone to the most recent version because aside from that being the standard for updates since X goes hand in hand with Cornerstone it is also bound to happen that you will have incompatibility issues with your site if your X and Cornerstone version are not compatible.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.