Bug - Headline Subtitle Line Spacing

With newest update, changing the line height for an existing sub-headline in a Headline element results in the line spacing for the sub-headline being set permanently to some large number. After this, changing the line height has no effect on the actual line height anymore. Additionally, double clicking the Headline element results in the line height setting taking effect. But clicking out of it reverts it back to the way it was before.

Hi @co50,

Thanks for writing in!
We haven’t encountered a similar issue in the new release. There might be something happening in your setup.
Can you please follow the general troubleshooting process to check of that helps!

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.
  2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.
  3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.
  6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.
  7. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php
    define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' ); define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );
    In case the issue persists, would you mind providing us with login credentials so we can take a closer look? Please provide following information:
    Set it as Secure Note
  • Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
  • FTP credentials
    All the best!

Nope…if it worked 10 mins ago before the 2.4 update and then after the 2.4 update does what I described, it’s not my setup. I don’t have the time to create a login for you guys every time I report a bug. Please do better to catch this stuff.

Hi There @co50

I have tested this on my installation and it seems to be a bug. So I have reported it to our issue tracker.

Next time when you’re reporting an issue, if you can also provide with an example link with some screenshots, it will help us to identify, reproduce and report the issue straight away.

Thanks!

If it makes sense, I try to always include a screenshot. What I could do and prefer to do every time is send you a video of the bug happening in realtime, but you guys don’t allow video uploads and uploads over 3MB - which I’ll never understand, so we end up having to use text. Thanks for confirming the bug, bud.

No problem.
By the way, your feedback has been noted and will be forwarded to the person in charge of the APEX.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.