BuddyPress Sitewide Notifications not able to close

Hello,

I have issue with BuddyPress sitewide notifications not being able to close. Each time I try, I get the notification below. I have tried a new install with the twenty seventeen theme and it works as expected, but as soon as I use it with pro, it won’t work. I have also tried using only the pro theme and buddypress, no other installs or modifications, still doesn’t work.

How can I fix this?

Thanks.

Hi,

Please check and make sure that you have the verision that is supported by the theme

Latest Supported Version: 2.9.1

If you have that version and still getting the issue, please provide us your site url so we can take a closer look.

Thanks

After further testing using the different versions of BuddyPress (available here: https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/browser/tags) it seems that Pro only works up to v2.8.1 without error related to sitewide notices.

It seems the error comes from when BuddyPress switched from using a “Close” link to the “X” button to close sitewide notifications, probably to do with the JavaScript, but I haven’t been able to pinpoint it yet.

While it may not be supported, v2.9.4 didn’t seem to have any other errors that I had seen yet.

I’ll post details to login to my test area in another secure message.

Hello There,

We will be testing out BuddyPress 2.9.4 with the latest version of the theme. It shall be updated and rolled out in the next release cycle update.

Thank you for your understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.