Buddypress show groups and members in grid view

Dear all, the current buddypress theme-integration is in my view lacking behind the rest of the theme in terms of functionality.

1. How can I change the current (ugly) list view of groups and members in a nice grid view, like in many other themes?

2. How can I add somehow the activity stream as an element to cornerstone (to e.g. add it to the homepage)?

Thank you!
Marc

Hey Marc,

Thanks for writing in!

1.) At the moment, we only have a list view. We can add this as a feature request so it can be taken into consideration for future development.

2.) As a Cornerstone element, you will have to create the activity stream so that you will be able to use in Cornerstone. You may need to check this knowledge base article if you wish to start creating this as a new element. Please check it out here: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/cornerstone-content-builder-custom-elements/217/1

Or you can make use of a 3rd party plugin and install it in your site. This plugin could perhaps provide an Activity stream shortcode that you can use in a text element within Cornerstone. Please check out this links:

Hope this helps.

Perfect, thank you.

A feature upgrade on this would be highly appreciated. Also the fields e.g. like profile description is not showing. The buddypress integration looks really unfinished right now and falls really short of the rest (which is topnotch). Funny that you don’t give this community feature more attention, given that most of the new websites are built around community and a lot of your theme design cases are around communities too. I guess this would boost sales. Just my 5cents.

We certainly appreciate the feedback! This is something we can add to our list of feature requests. This way it can be taken into consideration for future development. All of these items are discussed with our team internally and prioritized based on the amount of interest a particular feature might receive. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.