Buddypress profile not working on mobile

Alright so this is a weird one, I wasn’t sure whether it was a problem with the theme or with buddypress itself, so I have made a post on both sites to try and resolve this issue swiftly.

Up until sometime tomorrow the buddypress profiles https://www.ptnu.com.au/profile/nickj for example worked without a problem on both desktop and mobile. Then out of nowhere (i don’t recall doing anything to change it) the profiles on mobile wouldn’t display and instead took me to the ‘Oops you blew up the internet’ page but they still worked fine on desktop.

If you view the above link on desktop and then again on mobile you can see what i mean. I have tried resetting the permalinks in wordpress settings but to no avail. A comment on the other post said to try changing themes to test it but im a bit weary of doing that and ending up losing things.

Any support on this would be greatly appreciated.

Hi There,

Please follow these steps:

1. Try testing a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

2. If you have the custom code under functions.php file, please temporarily remove them.

3. Please make sure the version of BuddyPress is 2.9.1: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195.

4. If it still doesn’t help, would you mind providing us with login credentials(by clicking on the Secure Note button at the bottom) so we can take a closer look? To do this, you can make a post with the following info:

Link to your site 
WordPress Admin username / password 
FTP credentials 

Thanks.

Ok i figured out what the problem was, in my wp-config file i have a check to see if the user is on mobile, if they are it will set the default buddypress tab to ‘Dashboard’, otherwise the default tab will be ‘Profile’ (if they are on desktop), unfortunately this means that if someone is on mobile trying to view another persons profile it will attempt to go to Dashboard first, but that tab is only accessible to logged in users. I will just need to nest my If condition so to perform a check to see if the profile belongs to the user.

Glad to hear were able to figure it out.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.