Buddypress Friend and Messaging Issues

Hello:

I just purchased and installed X Theme. I am having several issues with BuddyPress.

1. When viewing a member there is no option to add member as a friend. I have “Friend Connections” checked in the BuddyPress Setting.

2. When sending a message between members the messages are not being received.

Hello There,

Thanks for posting in! Please make sure that you have installed the version of BuddyPress that is compatible with the theme. You can check it here: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195/1

And it could also be a 3rd party plugin conflict. You could try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

If the issue still exist, you can switch the theme to Twenty Seventeen to make sure that this issue is coming from the 3rd party plugin itself and not from the theme.

Please let us know how it goes.

Hello:

Thank you for the reply. I currently have BuddyPress version 3.1.0 installed which is the latest supported version on the list you provided and the latest version of BuddyPress.

I deactivated all plugins except for BuddyPress and the problem persisted. I switched to Twenty Seventeen and the option to “Add Friend” was shown. I was able to add a friend and send a message to another member successfully using the Twenty Seventeen theme with plugins disabled and the member was notified via email that they received a message.

I switched back to using X Theme with plugins disabled and again the option to add a friend was gone. I tried to send a message to a member and I noticed that when typing @ in the “Send To” field it did not pull up the list of members as it had with the Twenty Seventeen theme enabled. I typed the members name in the field and sent a message. The member did receive the message within BuddyPress, but they did not get an email that they had a message as had occured when Twenty Seventeen was activated. Also, in order to send a message with x theme activated I have to click on the “Messages” “Compose” on the toolbar, clicking on “Compose” from the profile page does not work.

Hi There,

I also made some testing in my local installation and I can confirm that this is a bug in the latest release of the theme and BuddyPress. I have informed our developers regarding this already. Once they’ve fixed this, it will be updated and rolled out in the next update release cycle.

Please bear with us. Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.