Buddypress comments don't seem to be working on mobile

Hi

I have been trying to finish off my website and have just started to test all BuddyPress components. It seems the comments button doesn’t seem to work on mobile, nothing seems to happen when its tapped but it does work on pc.

I recently was trialing a bunch of different activity plugins and have come across this. I have since deactivated all plugins related to activity feeds.

The exact comment buttons are the ones on the activity feed of profiles. When on the activity feed tab I tap on them on mobile and nothing seems to happen.

Are they disabled on mobile by default? or could this possibly be another plugin conflict?

If you want to test it out you can register an account test it on mobile and then delete it afterwards or otherwise i can send you login credentials privately.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Matt

Hello Matt,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

I tested the page on my end and comments seems to be working fine. I used Chrome dev tools responsive simulator to test the website.

Can you please share some screenshots or screencast of the problem you are facing?

Thanks.

Hi Prasant

Thank you for your response, Please see link below that demonstrates the problem, where on mobile I tap on the comment button and nothing happens but the button works perfectly fine on pc where the text box drops down and you’re able to input your message and post it.

https://talknz.org/commentsnotworkingonmybuddypress/

Again any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

Matt

Hi Matt,

It sounds like you might be having an issue with a third party plugin Buddypress. Regretfully, we cannot provide support for third party plugins or scripts as our support policy in the sidebar states due to the fact that there is simply no way to account for all of the potential variables at play when using another developer’s plugin or script. Because of this, any questions you have regarding setup, integration, or troubleshooting any piece of functionality that is not native to X will need to be directed to the original developer.

https://buddypress.org/support/

Thank you for your understanding.

Hi Paul

I have thought this too but i have just recently deactivated all my plugins i now only have buddypress and csshero activated this made no change to the ability to use the comment button it was still not responding. So i decided to activate Twenty Seventeen theme instead of x Pro and the comments are working on mobile! the comment box springs up and you can then type a comment in and post.

By my logic and thinking this could mean its something to do with x pro?? I mean everything seems pretty “vanilla” like the main problem is with the profile activity feed and i have no plugins editing that part of the site i do have a custom php edit on profile pictures and pictures around the site that make them bigger than default but i still don’t see how this could be causing the problem?

Could anyone if possible give me a confirmation that commenting on the activity feed on mobile with the x pro theme actually works?

I’m just fishing for ideas but any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Matt

Hello Matt,

Thanks for updating the thread.

Can you please share the login details in secure note, I would like to take a closer look into the problem you are facing. Along with that, please give us the permission to further troubleshoot the problem.

Thanks.

Hi There,

Please try adding this custom JS under Theme Options > JS:

jQuery( function($) {
	$(document).on('touchstart click', '.comment-reply.bp-primary-action', function(){
		$('html, body').stop();
	});
	$(document).ready(function() {
		$('.comment-reply.bp-primary-action').off('click touchstart touchend');
	});
});

Let us know how it goes!

Hi Thai

Thank you for your help on this topic and the last topic. So i have input the javascript on the global JS on theme options and run it through and saved. Then I’ve tested it on two mobile phones using the default android browser and chrome browser and still no response, there was one successful response on my samsung phone on chrome browser which had only loaded the page halfway and when i clicked on the comment button the text box popped up and responded correctly but once the page had fully loaded the comment button no longer responded lol.

Lol got any other ideas??

I have re-activated some security plugins on my site to ensure I’m not getting bots registering but if you want to further troubleshoot the issue feel free to deactivate those plugins just don’t deactivate CSShero as i think i lose my registration but otherwise go for it!

Any other suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Matt

Hi Matt,

I could replicate this issue right now on my local installation.

This issue has been added to our tracker and it should be fixed in next updates.

Sorry for this inconvenience!

Ok Thank you Thai and others for your support. So just to clarify this is an issue within the x pro theme? and your logging it in to be fixed up for the next update/s? Can i get any kind of ETA on the next update to be launched, when that would be?
Is there any kind of substantial backlog for errors/bugs to be processed already?

Thanks again for your help solving this.

Matt

Hello There,

Yes we have added it in our issue tracker list so that our developers will be made aware of the issue. Once they have fix it, it will be updated and rolled out in the next update release cycle. At the moment, we do not have any ETA yet. Yes there are several issues that needs to be taken cared of. Rest assured our developers should fix this and have the updates anytime soon.

Please watch out for that update and check out our changelogs here: https://theme.co/changelog/

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.