Buddypress and Pro not working together at the moment

Cool, thanks!

What template files do I need to rename? And rename them to what?

Sorry just not sure exactly what to change, cheers!

Hello There,

It’s the profile.php file. To resolve this, assuming that you have your child theme active and ready, please follow the following steps below:
1] Using Notepad or TextEdit or Sublime Text or any text editor, please create a new file in your local machine.
2] Insert the following code into that new file

<?php
/**
 * BuddyPress - Users Profile
 * @since 3.0.0
 * @version 3.0.0
 */
?>

<nav class="<?php bp_nouveau_single_item_subnav_classes(); ?>" id="subnav" role="navigation" aria-label="<?php esc_attr_e( 'Profile menu', 'buddypress' ); ?>">
	<ul class="subnav">

<?php bp_get_template_part( 'members/single/parts/item-subnav' ); ?>

</ul>
</nav><!-- .item-list-tabs -->

<?php bp_nouveau_member_hook( 'before', 'profile_content' ); ?>

<div class="profile <?php echo bp_current_action(); ?>">

<?php
switch ( bp_current_action() ) :

// Edit
	case 'edit':
		bp_get_template_part( 'members/single/profile/edit' );
		break;

// Change Avatar
	case 'change-avatar':
		bp_get_template_part( 'members/single/profile/change-avatar' );
		break;

// Change Cover Image
	case 'change-cover-image':
		bp_get_template_part( 'members/single/profile/change-cover-image' );
		break;

// Compose
	case 'public':
		// Display XProfile
		if ( bp_is_active( 'xprofile' ) ) {
			bp_get_template_part( 'members/single/profile/profile-loop' );

// Display WordPress profile (fallback)
		} else {
			bp_get_template_part( 'members/single/profile/profile-wp' );
		}

break;

// Any other
	default:
		bp_get_template_part( 'members/single/plugins' );
		break;
endswitch;
?>
</div><!-- .profile -->

<?php
bp_nouveau_member_hook( 'after', 'profile_content' );

3] Save the file named as profile.php
4] Upload this file to your server in the child theme’s folder wp-content/themes/pro-child/buddypress/members/single/

You will have to create the folder names since it does not exist in your child theme yet.

Please let us know if this works out for you.

Hey, I’ve tried it but unfortunately it didn’t work. Is that the only file?

I’ll keep trying to fix this, proposed solution didn’t work but I now know where to look.

Please let me know if you have any other suggestions!

Hi there,

There was a typo error from my previous reply. It was meant buddypress and not bbpress.

I tried to check it again but looks like it’s not available anymore. It’s redirecting to a domain which doesn’t have Pro theme. Is it fixed now?

Thanks!

Nope, still not working. I have followed all the steps.

You can see it at the IP in the secure note and use the same credentials.

The child theme has been modified as suggested, but the problem still persists.

Hi there,

I see, in that case, please provide your FTP login credentials too. It’s the only way we can check the files.

And since the IP is changing, please always include the updated IP per reply :slight_smile:

Thanks!

The link I’m sharing is to a site I set up only for this on an AWS micro instance, I can’t provide FTP details.

However, you can check and modify any of the website files with a plugin I installed called File Manager. It gives you access to the root folder and all the files.

If that’s not good enough, I’ll just wait until it’s fixed in the next release.

Hi @lifelikelife,

Let us know how it goes.

Feel free to ask us again.

Thank you for understanding.

There’s now five of us in this thread.

I think I will write this more for the benefit of future customers who might stumble upon this thread.

Just to summarise:

1. The 100% fresh wordpress install, with the modifications you suggested (and which I re-activated because I thought you were going to have a look) is still not working.

2. I’m not sure if you guys have any working fix of this yourselves, but if you do, then it would be awesome if you could share with us what we need to do to replicate your success in fixing it

I do think this might be just me, since I have looked at the support forums and I don’t see other threads about this.

If another customer reads this, and yours is working, can you please send let me know what version of buddypress and Pro you have installed?

Hi Juan,

I checked our issue tracker and found out that the theme is not compatible with the version 3 of the BuddyPress. So you will need to downgrade the BuddyPress to version 2.x

There are few issues going on that will be addressed soon on the next point release of the theme, but there is no patch that we can offer at the moment.

Thank you.

1 Like

I just wanted to chime in here to let you know this issue has been fixed for the next release.

1 Like

Cool, thanks for the clarification and updates. Cheers!

Hi @lifelikelife

Happy to hear that.

Feel free to ask us again.

Thank you so much for understanding.

Is the latest update (from today) already have the patch?? still can’t get it to work but not sure if you meant this release or next

Hi,

Base on our changelog the issue with buddypress profiles has already been fixed.

BUGFIX: Fix fatal PHP error on BuddyPress member profile.

Try to clear the cache of your WP Super Cache Plugin and check again.

Thanks

Still not working for me. Not using any caching plugins. It has to be used with BuddyPress 2.X right???

Hi,

I checked and I can see that your site is showing a cache version dated 6-11-2018

Please note that the latest supported version of buddypress is

BuddyPress: Version: 3.1.0

Kindly update your plugin to that version and clear your pugin cache.

Thanks

That’s not my website. I took the wordpress install down when I thought the issue was resolved. That IP points to someone else’s website now.

Anyway. I give up on it, thanks for your help.

You’re welcome, Juan. We’re sorry to hear that.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.