BuddyPress 404 Pages

Hello,

I am having issues with BuddyPress on one of my domains. When I install buddypress none of the pages seem to be created for it. This includes the pages under settings, but I can manually create those pages and get them working. However, I cannot seem to get any of the pages from the buddy bar to work. So groups, profile, settings, etc. do not work.

Thanks for the help!

Best,

Matt

Hi Matt,

Can you please make sure you are using compatible version of the plugin?
Please also try the following.

1.) Go to Settings > Permalink. Try resave and check again.
2.) Are you using multisite? Please check this thread.
3.) Please also try checking in with your hosting provider about this 404 issues.

If the issue persists, please site URL and credentials inside a secure note.

Hope this helps.

Hello,

I just tried re-saving permalinks, but still seeing the issue. I am not using a multisite install of wordpress. I did have buddy press working on the domain previously, but noticed this issue weeks later when I re-added it. I will include a secure message below, thanks.

Best,

Matt

Hey Matt,

I switched to the default WordPress theme and your activity page returns 404. This means that our theme does not cause the issue.

I deactivated all plugins except BuddyPress yet the issue persists.

Please contact BuddyPress support to learn why this issue is happening.

Please note that while BuddyPress is an approved plugin, we do not offer support for it. It’s clearly not our theme that is causing the issue.

I’d recommend that you revert your site from a previous working state. Otherwise, you need to rebuild your site.

You might also want to ask your web host why this is happening.

Thank you for understanding.

Hello Matt,

Your post reply has been withdrawn.
Is your issue resolved already?

Best Regards.

No, still struggling.

Hello Matt,

Your login no longer works for us. Did you happen to changed it already?
Please give us the update WP credentials so that we can login and try to figure out what is causing your Error 404s.

Thanks.

I removed the account. I will provide a new login attached. If you deactivate plugins and change themes please reactivate and change themes back before you sign out, the last support person did not and left a mess for me.

Hey Matt,

I’m sorry if you feel like I previously left a mess but my goal is to show that the issue is with your BuddyPress setup alone. Our theme is not the cause of the issue, moreover, it does not have the capability to mess up permalinks of other plugins like this BuddyPress issue.

I should not have deactivated the plugins though as the theme switch test and previous permalink reset test were enough to show that the issue is with BuddyPress setup alone. I just did it anyway in hopes that it will fix the issue that time. I’m sorry about this.

Try “hard” resetting your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button so WordPress will generate the default htaccess.

If that does not help, we’re sorry but you really need to bring this up with BuddyPress support. You might have configured something that caused this issue. It’s probably something that could modify the htaccess file.

I’m sorry if we said that we’ll investigate further until the BuddyPress issue is resolved. Ruenel might have been confused.

Thanks.

Thank you, I will give this a try.

You’re welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.