BuddyPress 4.2.0 Breaks Cornerstone?

Hey Guys,

Just wondering if this is a known issue? I have tried searching on the forum with no luck of this issue, so cannot see it being widespread given the popularity of BuddyPress.

Activating 4.2.0 (latest) breaks the live content preview in cornerstone…

Cheers!

Hi Kade,

Thanks for writing in! I have tested loading Cornerstone with BuddyPress 4.2.0 activated, but I could not experience such issues.

Could you please test your issue by only activating Cornerstone and ByddyPress plugins together and then test your issue further by activating other plugins one by one to see which plugin causing the issue.

Please make sure to clear all caches when testing your issue (https://www.wpbeginner.com/beginners-guide/how-to-clear-your-cache-in-wordpress/).

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

Hey - thanks for the reply!

I can confirm that with Only BuddyPress activated, the issue persists.

Using X Pro BTW.

Strangely, Header/Footers work perfectly.

See; http://recordit.co/DG2UMXH0DP

Disabling BuddyPress, i.e. NO PLUGINS activated - the editor preview for ‘posts’ works fine.

Hi Kade,

I checked our version compatibility page and the latest supported version is BuddyPress: | Latest Supported Version: 3.2.0

But since my colleague have tested it and it works, would you mind providing us with login credentials so we can take a closer look? Please provide following information:

Set it as Secure Note

• Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
  • FTP credentials

Thanks

Ah,that was my fear!

Thanks for the help, I have updated the secure note :slight_smile:

Hi Kade,

I checked a few posts and pages and it seems to work fine.

Is there a specific post where the issue is consistent. Can you provide us the url.

Thanks

Thanks for checking - the issue occurs when creating a ‘New’ post.

Sorry, didn’t check the existing posts, which makes it even stranger now!

Hi Kade,

I tried creating a new post and it also works.

Please try it again.

Thanks

I can see that the post works fine, but it is ‘published’.

It must be a case when the page is only in ‘draft’ mode?

UPDATE - Just changed the post you created to ‘Draft’ the issue returns; this is the problem :slight_smile:

Hi Kade,

I was able to experience this issue on your site, but I could not reproduce this issue on my test site.

So I have reported this to our issue tracker with your error information to further investigate the issue. For now, I would suggest you to use the BuddyPress version recommended on our version information shared above.

Thanks!

Cool!

Will be interesting to here an update regarding the issue soon.

BuddyPress 4.2.0 was released on December 5th, 2018.

Over 3 months ago!? Surely this would have been compatible with X Pro by now?

Hi @kademcconville,

Our developers are still working on it.

Stay tuned!

Hey Kade,

In my test site, I have BuddyPress 4.2.0 and I tested pages and posts that are in draft mode and Cornerstone works fine. There must be something in your setup that is causing the issue. It’s not necessarily a third party plugin since you said you’ve tested for a plugin conflict. Maybe a PHP or WordPress setting is causing the issue.

Please first try to replicate your site in other servers with a fresh WordPress install. Also copy your site to a staging server and check the error logs if there’s a generated error.

You can also give us WP Admin and FTP access to your staging server so we could investigate.

Thanks.

Thanks for the investigation so far!

I get no major errors in the console, but do get the following pro related messages;

• Could not render region content into cs_content cs.js:788
  • preview-error.missing-zone.cs_content cs.js:101

I will look into setting up a staging environment for your guys ASAP.

Hi Kade,

Please let us know if staging is up so we can further check on this.

Thank you! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.