Browser snap to full screen, background image element does not resize correctly until refreshed

Bumped into an odd issue - Have Pro running on our production and staging site, and in normal operation all screens are properly responsive, sized correctly, and scaling as windows are manually resized.

However, when snapping the browser to full screen (in Windows, drag the browser to the top of screen, on Mac using similarly functions utility apps), one of the top elements will only partially resize, but not completely fill the screen, normally leaving a gap on the right. Refreshing the browser windows fixes this.

I have testing this against pro using several machines, Mac/Windows/Linux, Chrome/Safari/Firefox, all seem to have the same issue. I also tested against some non-Pro WP sites, and not having that issue, but it is doing this on multiple Pro instances we operate.

The element is a simple row background image (Row Settings/Background – Style = Image/Parallax, Parallax Style = Simple Background image, Image added to dialog)

Any ideas on how to address this?

Hi dhockenberry_as,

I did not encounter this reported to us. Would you please give us the link of a sample case and also a video screencast of the problem you are experiencing?

Also would you please test the case without the Parallax feature and see the case? The Parallax feture uses Javascript language to detect the window resize event of the browser to recalculate the position of the background, maybe the problem is that the full screen mode does not trigger that event.

Not sure about that and need to see the live case to be able to investigate. Meanwhile please also follow the steps below:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  3. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options and/or Child Theme and test the case.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.