Broken Customizer

Hallo,
when I click on the Customizer, the Link seems to be broken.
I get a message with HTTP ERROR 500

Can you help please?
Thank you!
Alexandra

Hi @adeiters,

Thanks for writing in.

There 3 reason why the error is showing.

• X theme cornerstone not the updated version
  • Plugin conflict.
  • Exceeding PHP memory limit, resulting in PHP memory exhaust.
  • Wordpress core files corrupted.

First check if your setup is updated,

To update: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62

Latest version guide: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195

Then check for plugin conflict.

You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Then if still you could not be able to identify the problem.,

You can conctact hosting to get the error logs of the internal error and you can ask them to increase your memory php allocation

Error logs could help you identify which are the problem in your setup if you could not be able to identify with plugin conflict testing.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Thank you!

At the Moment I cannot update any site, can you help and check please when I give you access?

Regards
Alexandra

HI there,

Sure, please provide your login credentials in a secure note and we’ll check :slight_smile:

Thanks!

How can I post secure? :blush:

Hi There,

You can click on the secure note button:

Regards!

Hey there,

I tried to login but I’ve been locked out by your security plugin. Can you please disable it for a while so we can take a look?

Thanks!

my apologize, it should work now I hope :slight_smile:
Thank you

Hi again,

The login screen works now but the credentials are not working on my end. Please double check the username and password.

Thanks!

does it work now?

Hi Alexandra,

The site seems to be down at the moment.

better now?
Sorry I have no idea why this is so weird :slight_smile:

Hi There,

You are experiencing a server related issue. I see the following error when accessing your Customizer (refer to the secure note). Even your WordPress Dashboard is inaccessible sometimes.

Please contact your hosting provider and ask them to investigate this issue further.

Thanks!

I cannot open you link, can you repeat it please?

Hi there,

Please see the screenshot in the secure note.

I dont lknow whats happening there.
Can you enter the wp-admin site when refreshing?
This works for me.

I cannot update cornerstone at the moment.
Plus cannot edit Customizer or Edit site.

Hello There,

We can help you resolve the error 500. Please provide us access to your ftp so that we can find the cause of the problem.
To do this, you can create a secure note with the following info:

• FTP Hostname
  • FTP Username
  • FTP Password

Thank you.

Hello,

I have tried to access your FTP and I`d like that you confirm it because they’re wrong and I can’t access. But you can try to check this article and try to solve this issue: How to fix the internal Server error

The access is okay, why cant you join?

Hey There,

I got your site back to online :slight_smile:

The Cornerstone Library: Carousel plugin is outdated, please contact the plugin author.

Regards!