Broken code showing under header

I’m seeing some broken code at the top of just a few pages on my site. It looks like a script of some sort,and I could easily delete it or try to find the closing tag - whatever is causing it to show up on the live site- , but if I’d have to do it in regular text, and then it would break my cornerstone functionality, yeah? Is there a way to edit in regular text, and then go back to editing with cornerstone?

https://prnt.sc/jukumj here is a screenshot of what I’m seeing

Hello @zurixx,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

1. Please don’t edit content outside Cornerstone i.e WordPress post editor. Your page will get corrupted.
  2. Please remove all the custom codes you have from the website.
  3. Please make sure you are using latest version of Theme X or Pro and Cornerstone (in case you are using X)

If problem is still there, please share website login details in a secure note for us to take a closer look.

Thanks.

I haven’t edited content outside of cornerstone. And that’s what I’m asking, how do I fix this problem that has happened - without editing those pages outside of cornerstone- without breaking the cornerstone capabilities.

Hello There,

I went ahead and logged in to your site. I was able to resolve the issue by simply deleting the cache in your Autoptimize plugin. After that, I refreshed the page and there it is, the code is gone.

Please check your site now.

thanks so much! I really appreciate your time!

Looks like it’s still showing up on this page: http://zurixxbrands.com/testimonials/

Hi @zurixx,

Looks like I will need a password for that one. :slight_smile:

I checked your other posts and they are pointing to different sites. I’m not sure if the credentials are already provided here but just deleted for security purposes, I’m not sure so please provide them again :slight_smile:

Thanks!

I’ve added that in a secure note. Thanks for your help!

Hi @zurixx

I’ve checked this page and I can tell this is a different code appearing there, it’s even appearing if you are running the default WordPress theme, you can check the page source and you will see:
<script id="wpinfo-pst1" type="text/javascript" rel="nofollow"> in the code, which after searching Google, sounds like a malicious code added to your site, I’ll list below some good resources if you want to clean your site on your own, however I recommend hiring a professional to do the site cleaning task for you:

https://codex.wordpress.org/FAQ_My_site_was_hacked

P.S. you are running a very old version of the theme, it’s a must to update the theme and all installed plugins to the latest stable version, please follow this guide to do so:

Thanks.

Shoot, that’s what I was afraid of. Thanks so much. For whatever reason wordfence hasn’t caught those specific files so I’ll have to track them down and manually remove them. Thanks a ton! We’re working to be able to update the theme asap :slight_smile:

Thanks for your help!

We are delighted to assist you with this.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.