Bring Column to Front with Negative Margin

Hello!

I am updating my website and have opposing margin-less columns.

Please see www.purfitstudio.com/home-test

I have two currently, about 3/4 of the way down. If you notice, in the first section, the image hides behind the adjacent column (the one with the headline element). The second section (directly following), the image overlaps in front. The only difference is the second has the picture on the right side. I would like the first to look like the second (intentional overlap, but the picture in the foreground). Any ideas?

Thanks!

Hello Ashley,

Thanks for posting in!

Do you want something like this?

You can add a negative top or bottom margin to one of the images so that it will look overlapping the other section.

Hope this helps.

@RueNel Thanks for the response! The bottom one is what I like, but is it possible to make the upper one (blue) have the image overlap on top of the blue column like the tan does? By default it seems the theme puts the left column under the right when negative margin is used. Thanks!

Hello Ashley,

Please edit your page back in Cornerstone and find the style field in the column settings. The column that must be brought to front must have a higher z-index. In your case, the left column must have z-index: 10; and the right could use the default of 1.

If this is not helping, provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Cheers.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.