Breakpoint issue

I’m building a new page and the breakpoints don’t work as they should. The screen sizes that I deselect, aren’t hidden from view?

Hey Mandy,

Please tell us what page you’re having this issue and what section. Also provide us with screenshots so we’ll know what area you’re working on.

Thanks.

I changed the page from home page to regular. That seems to have solved the problem. Maybe I had conflicting settings regarding the home page?

Glad to hear that the issue has been resolved. I guess it might be the caching issue.

Are you using the SiteGround hosting? Please take a look at this: https://www.siteground.com/tutorials/supercacher/static-cache/.

Regards!

Sorry, but the problem is back. I’ll attach the info about the page.

Hi There,

I couldn’t replicate this issue on my end. As you can see in this screenshot the section #1 is hidden on tablet & mobile screens size:

And the copy of section is showing:

Or can you explain more details about this issue?

Thank you.

The issue affects all screen sizes except the largest. I’ve copied the main section for large screen in order to adapt the layout for smaller screens. All copied sections have different sizes disabled in the setting ‘hide during breakpoint’, but still show them.

But wait a minute, now that I explain the issue, I see it says ‘hide’. I might have mistaken the ‘hide’ toggle for a ‘show’. That would be really stupid hahaha. I’m gonna see if that fixes the ‘problem’

No, changing the blue selections into black, doesn’t make a difference. Still messed up. Getting more and more confused though. :wink:

The way it is supposed to be is that each screen size only shows one of the sections. Now they show multiple/all? in cornerstone.

Hey Mandy,

This usually is caused by broken HTML somewhere in your site. Please try saving your page as a template and then import it in a test page then remove sections one by one in the test page to see if one of the section is casusing the issue.

Also, would you mind giving us WordPress Admin access in a Secure Note so we could check your settings?

Thanks.

Allready did that in the first post, but will do it again.

Would you mind giving us WordPress Admin access in a Secure Note so we could check your settings?

Thanks.

didn’t I just do that?

Hi @xprzy

I understand that you want to show specific section for every device width, I can see you are confused regarding which icons you need to select/hide in the visibility option.

That’s why I’ve exported your page template and imported it into a new page I created, then I’ve applied the visibility settings for you:

your-domain.com/testing-page/

please take a look at this page and let me know if this is what you mean, you will notice that this page has 4 sections:

• Section 1: this will be visible on Desktop and Laptop screens and hidden on others. That’s according to this screenshot:

• Section 2: this will be visible on tablets and hidden on other devices. That’s according to this screenshot:

…and so on.

Thanks.

Yes, that is the way I want it to work.

But the problem is that the sections are also displayed on the screens that are disabled.

Hi @xprzy,

Would you mind providing a video recording of the issue? I just checked every section of that page (4 sections).

The first section is set to be hidden from the larger screen and laptop, hence, I switch to the larger screen and laptop and it’s hidden.

The second section is set to be hidden in the medium tablet, and I switched to the medium tablet and it’s hidden too.

The same goes for 3rd and 4th sections, they are hidden from the views they are meant to be hidden.

Thanks!

That was the wrong configuration that I tried when I got confused about what was ‘hide’ en what was ‘show’.

But never mind. Cornerstone keeps showing the sections that are supposed to be hidden, but the website looks okay now.

Hi There,

I did check the site and the sections are showing/hiding based on there Hide During Breakpoints configuration. Glad you figure things out.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.