Breadcrumbs not working properly

Hello,

The breadcrumbs do not show properly on my website. What to do? They do not show the right category.

Cheers,
André

Hi There,

Please provide your URL and explain your situation in more detail.

Thanks!

See: https://digitalezendeling.nl/apologetiek/.

When you click (for exemapel) the article, the breamcrumb should be: home -> apologetiek -> is er bewijs dat God bestaat?

Instead it it: home -> blog -> is er bewijs dat God bestaat.

It shows the wrong categorie.

How do I fix this?

Hi there,

Would you please make sure that you add the posts to the Apologetiek category? So if you go to Posts > Categories you should see a category called Apologetik.

Also please consider that the Breadcrumbs cannot predict which page you used to add the listing.The page that you gave the link is a normal page that you used Image Element to add the links to individual blog posts. Breadcrumbs cannot understand that you used that page as the index page of the blogs.

WordPress has Archive pages for category index which are not possible to edit with Cornerstone. So if you add the category I mentioned, the Breadcrumbs will link to that auto-generated archive page. The archive page can only be configured from Pro > Launch > Theme Options > Blog > Archives.

If you want to customize the Archive page you will need to override the theme files. To do so you need to have a Child Theme:

If you have further questions kindly get back to us with the URL/User/Pass of your website using the Secure Note.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.