Breadcrumbs microdata error

Hi

I receive a microdata error for Breadcrumbs

Just for example, please could you take a look to this test result?

https://search.google.com/structured-data/testing-tool?hl=en#url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.agenziagammariccione.it%2Fcontatti%2F

The error is:

—————
One of name or item.name must be provided.
—————

Is it possible to use Yoast Breadcrumbs instead of PRO Breadcrumbs also
Inside Headers?

Thank You

Daniele

Hello Daniele,

Thanks for writing in!

I can confirmed that this is a bug in the breadcrumbs structure. Our developers has already been made aware of this issue. Once the’ve fixed this, it will be rolled out in the next update release cycle.

Meanwhile, if you are going to use Yoast Breadcrumb and replace the default breadcrumb in the theme, please check out this thread:

Hope this helps. Kindly let us know.

Dear RueNel

Thank You for your reply

I tried to replace the default breadcrumbs in the theme (as you suggested), but it doesn’t seem to work.
I tried inserting the following code in the child functions.php file:

if ( ! function_exists( 'x_breadcrumbs' ) ) :
  function x_breadcrumbs() {

if ( x_get_option( 'x_breadcrumb_display', 1 ) && function_exists('yoast_breadcrumb') ) {
      yoast_breadcrumb('<p id="breadcrumbs">','</p>');
    } else {
      echo '<p>Please install Yoast Breadcrumb plugin.</p>';
    }

}
endif;

…but nothing happens!

I also tried (as suggested) to enter the test code:

if ( ! function_exists( 'x_breadcrumbs' ) ) :
function x_breadcrumbs() {

if ( x_get_option( 'x_breadcrumb_display', 1 ) && function_exists('yoast_breadcrumb') ) {
   echo "This is a test";
} else {
  echo '<p>Please install Yoast Breadcrumb plugin.</p>';
}
}
endif;

… but I don’t see the echo “This is a test”

Maybe the code must be modified to work with PRO or it must be modified to work inside a HEADER?

Thank You again

Hey Daniele,

Sorry for the confusion, you cannot integrate Yoast SEO Breadcrumbs in Pro Breadcrumbs element. The one Ruenel gave is for the Classic X Breadcrumbs.

Regarding the Structured Data Test error, it’s because only the Icon is used. The correct setup requires that text should be used. For now, please switch to Text as the Home Label Type in the Breadcrumbs Element Setup.

I’d recommend you check our Changelog when an update is released to see if a fix for this issue has been added.

Thanks.

Hi christian_y

The error was temporarily resolved exactly as indicated (switching from Icon to Text)

I will check your Changelog when an update is released to fix for this issue.

Thank You

Daniele

You’re welcome, Daniele.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.