Breadcrumbs for Portfolio Problem

Hi On my site https://www.smujy.com at (e.g.) this URL

https://www.smujy.com/portfolio-item/beaverhall-apartments-website/

the breadcrumbs do not show the portfolio category and only show an arrow. This doesn’t happen on say my blog page https://www.smujy.com/category/design/

It displays ‘blog’ in the breadcrumbs. The portfolio page is just a page with the portfolio placed on with a shortcode but is there a way to make the breadcrumbs show the category for the portfolio in a similar way?

Thanks for help in advance.

Hello @russell3,

Thanks for writing in!

When adding a portfolio item, you must assign the portfolio parent page so that in the breadcrumb it will display the parent portfolio page. This also applies to the portfolio category.

For more details about the Portfolio item meta options, please check this out:

Hi

That’s for reply. That’s great and worked for breadcrumbs. However the image at the bottom right - ACCOUNTANTS PROMOTIONAL MATERIALS is taller than all the other images which is upsetting the layout. I’m not sure of why it is displaying it like this - can you help?

Also, when I initially made the portfolio I had used ‘The Grid’ plugin which is part of X. I liked the look / layout of that better than the default, but if I choose Template > Layout - Portfolio it uses a different layout.

Is there a way to use The Grid but also keep the portfolio appearing within the breadcrumbs?

Thanks

Hi,

To make it all on the same height, you can add the code below in Theme Options > CSS

.page-template-template-layout-portfolio .x-iso-container.cols-3>.hentry {
    max-height: 192px;
    overflow: hidden;
}

If you want to use The Grid, create file template-layout-portfolio.php in wp-content/themes/pro-child/framework/views/renew and copy the code below into that file.

<?php

// =============================================================================
// VIEWS/RENEW/TEMPLATE-LAYOUT-PORTFOLIO.PHP
// -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
// Portfolio page output for Renew.
// =============================================================================

get_header();

?>

<div class="x-container max width offset">
    <div class="<?php x_main_content_class(); ?>" role="main">

<?php echo do_shortcode('[the_grid name="Male"]'); ?>

</div>

<?php get_sidebar(); ?>

</div>

<?php get_footer(); ?>

In the code, you need to change [the_grid name="Male"] with your grid shortcode.

Hope that helps

That’s brilliant. Worked.

Thanks

You’re most welcome!

Hi, Apologies if this post is ‘closed’ or supposed to be. When I replied that it ‘worked’ above I was referring to the height of the thumbnails.

However, I tried to integrate The Grid by creating the file within the child theme and it is not working - it still has the default portfolio items appearing?

Hey @russell3,

The portfolio template was added to the views folder. Please ensure that you’re using the correct directory as posted by Paul.

Thanks.

Oh right, apologies I see now. I didn’t read the path properly.

It is now functioning exactly the way I want it to so many thanks for your help.

You’re welcome.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.