Boxes as icons

Hello,

I got something really odd happening, and don’t know when it started but instead of the icons i’m getting these little boxes. I did read a few similar topics but don’t think they quite apply (or they are really old and some of the suggestions are no possible anymore etc).

I was wondering if based off our site you can see any specific reason of why these boxes might be appearing? Will put a link in the secured section.

Hi @fxground,

Thanks for writing in!

I have looked into your issue and I found out that the Font Awesome font files were not loaded in your site. It seems that those files were missing returning an error 404.

Please double check the files in your server. You may log in to your FTP and manually check the files in its designated location.

Please let us know how it goes.

Hello,

So the files are there (see screenshot below) and i put in a text.xml file into the same directory and i was able to read that too…

Any other thoughts I can try?

Hey @fxground,

I’d like to check your set up and maybe figure out around how to be able to resolve your issue. Would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look?

To do this, you can create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Thank you.

Hello, after you wrote that message requesting the login i was going through the server and i noticed that a firewall plugin put a .htaccess file in the wp-contents directory that denied the woff and woff2 file types. I added them to be allowed and it started working. thanks.

Glad that you managed to get around the issue :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.