Bottom header bar

One of my pages includes the BuddyPress activity feed. I created a header with a top, left, and bottom bar. The bottom bar does not display while the other bars do. The bottom bar displays on other pages just not the one that has the BuddyPress acivity feed. Any idea why this is happening and how to fix?

https://goalsarecool.com/

Thanks!

Hi goalsarecool,

I’ve checked your website and if I understand you correctly you mean the “Dashboard” page after creating an account and being logged in? this page https://goalsarecool.com/wall/ ?

I’m not sure I can recognize the missing bar on this page, could you please share a screenshot showing this bar on other pages?

Thanks.

I still can’t see it on other pages as well. Please provide us with WordPress Dashboard login details in a “Secure Note” so we can investgaite this issue.

Thanks.

Hello @goalsarecool,

Thanks for updating thread.

Can you please share website login details (username/password) in a secure not for us to take a closer look? On Wall actually I don’t see bottom bar related code and would like to see your setup.

Thanks.

Hello @goalsarecool,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

Request you not to add new replies as ticket goes back in the queue and it slows down the response time.

As code replated with bottom bar is not visible in the source view, I am assuming that the problem lie somewhere in setup. Please understand that the problem you are facing with bottom bar is a bit difficult to troubleshoot without taking a look at the website setup.

Thanks for understanding.

Hi,

We need to login to be able to check on this.

Please provide wordpress admin login in Secure Note

You can change your password immediately after we check.

Thanks

Hi there,

In order for us to assist you kindly also cooperate and read the previous replies.

This is not something we could simply provide a suggested without being able to check your current settings, so we kindly ask if you could provide a temporary login access.

It doesn’t have to be the main user of the site. You may create a temporary user and delete it after the we are able to get the issue sorted.

Thank you.

Hi There,

Did you add any modifications to your page templates in your child theme? If so try changing your page template of Wall page to the same as Test page.

It’s hard to guess without checking your actual setup, page elements etc. So that’s why we need your login credentials. Other option you have is to migrate a copy of your site into a different staging area and provide us with login credentials to check. You can use a server like this (https://pantheon.io/) as they offer a free developer plan. Once you migrate a copy, you can keep only those two reference pages and delete other content. You can follow our migration guide here (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/cornerstone-content-builder-migration/126).

Thanks!

Hello,

It might be because you are using a mix of classic footer with header builder.

Please assign a footer created with the footer builder to your pages and test it again.

Thanks

Hi there,

Try assigning that footer as global, maybe it’s not picking that up since the footer isn’t assignable in the first place and it always falls back to global one (default). I can’t confirm any of that as I can’t check your configuration, checking your site’s page doesn’t provide enough information to troubleshoot this. Hence, let’s do the trial and error routine.

Thanks!

Hello,

Since this is a really uncommon issue and you don’t provide credentials to your website, please clone your website to a staging enviroment so we can take a closer look.

If you have any private information delete it from the staging environment so we can freely troubleshoot and assist.

Thank you

Hi There,

Sorry, but we don’t see any bottom-bar HTML markup (in sourcecode) on the frontend. So we need to check how did you configure things in the backend (we might be looking for something blindly here). And we can not specify what error we are looking for because of this issue is unusual (its my first time seen like this actually)

And this page (https://goalsarecool.com/wall/)? is giving us this

So its very possible that we are looking to a different header, not the one with a bottom bar.

Please do the following:

Do a testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Also, clear all caches (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache), this could be related to a caching issue.

Switch to parent X Theme, this could be an issue with a customization of your child theme.

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

Hi there,

@Alaa created a member account to test it, but what we need is an admin account to fully check your setup. He was also asking for admin login credentials (admin dashboard). And I will also need that credentials to fully check it. If you’re not comfortable then we’ll try finding another setup that has a similar issue and tests it there.

Thanks!

Hi there,

Thanks, but could you try adding those footers in your staging. Like the one in this screenshot

https://tco-forum-uploads.s3.amazonaws.com/original/3X/5/8/58279eca8f1d6fe667ca0b62e4685715a76df010.png

Please make it identical, the purpose of this is to test the issue of the same copy in your staging. A perfect clone of your live site, what I’m seeing is just two footer and there is no footer in question.

Thanks!

Hi there,

I checked your website and found out the problem cause.

The page you are talking about is Wall. But that is not a normal page, you set it to be the starting point of the BuddyPress. That setting takes over the control from the normal WordPress Page and uses the BuddyPress templates.

At the moment there is no way to assign a specific header to a BuddyPress page in Pro. But there is a code that you can use inspired by this article:

I added a test page called Hello and assigned the header in question to it, also I changed the background of the left section to red so that I could make sure the difference as the lower bar was not distinctive enough. It worked for the hello page.

Then I went to Appearance > Editor and added the PHP code below to functions.php:

add_filter('cs_match_header_assignment', 'custom_search_header');
function custom_search_header($match) {
	if (bp_current_component()) {
		$match = 14906; // the post ID for your header
	}
	return $match;
}

The code above detects if the page in question is BuddyPress or not and then assigns a Header with the ID of 14906 to it. The header ID 14906 is The Wall v1. To find the ID I hovered over the edit button of that header and checked the URL at the lower section of my browser to see the ID. Check the Screenshot in the Secure Note.

Now if you check the page it shows the header in question.

Please do not move this website to live as I did some tests and the settings are changed, you need to implement the things I have done to the live website yourself.

I should mention that I found the code which detects if the page is BuddyPress or not bp_current_component() from this forum post of their support:

https://buddypress.org/support/topic/how-do-i-detect-whether-im-on-a-buddypress-page/

Thank you.

Hi there,

You probably have an actual page with the same name and it appears in builder’s selection area. And you thought it’s a BuddyPress page. In Wordpress, if the two pages share the same name the last one will always override the previous one.

Thanks!

Hi there,

And I’m correct, there is an actual Wall page that appears in header builder selection. This is what happening,

1. You assigned Wall page to your BuddyPress setting
  2. The BuddyPress will then overtake the Wall page and use its name and URL
  3. You can confirm that by editing the Wall page and the changes will not appear when viewed page.
  4. It’s not a Wall page anymore, but a BuddyPress which only uses the name and URL of Wall page
  5. But since Wall page is an existing page in admin, it will appear in header builder selection
  6. Assigning the header to the Wall page works, but BuddyPress will just overtake it and display its own page while just using the name and URL of the Wall page

Unfortunately, assigning a header to a blog page is not yet possible which is why I recommend assigning it globally since it doesn’t need to check the page ID.

Thanks!

Hello,

Unfortunely we cannot provide an ETA.

Thanks for understading

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.