Blurry Product Images

On my category pages my product images are showing up as large, blown up, blurry versions of the thumbnail image. When I click on the product and go to the product page, however, the clear and correct picture shows up. How do I get this clear picture to show as the thumbnail on the category page?

I will list examples in secure note. Thank you

Hi @65kmanspt,

Thanks for writing in.

You can follow the thread below on how t o fix the blurry images.

Hope it helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Hello. I added the code recommended on this thread to my child theme’s functions file but the display tab still does not show. This is after clearing cache, too. The theme still says:

“Looking for the product display options? They can now be found in the Customizer”

But these options in the customizer do not fix the problem.

Thanks

Hi there,

The images that are being displayed are 75x75 which are really small. I know that you said that you already configured in customizer, but I like to test it too. Would you mind providing your admin login credentials in a secure note?

For the meantime, please install Force Regenerate Thumbnails plugin and regenerate your images. Changing the size through the settings will not change the actual image size, you have to regenerate it. The new settings will only be applied to newly added images.

Thanks!

When following the instructions referenced in the other thread, there is only one section for product images in the customizer. My settings are shown in the screenshot below. Also, the product images are much larger than 75x75 - how do I use these as the source image for the images on the category pages?

Hi there,

I see in the options that you set the thumbnail to be 75ox which is too small. You need to make it bigger as the Category page uses thumbnails to show the product images.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

It looks like these category pages stretch thethumbnail size to fit the category page settings - by increasing the thumbnail size, the images on the category page did not change size but they aren’t blurry now. Thank you very much!

Perfect! Glad that you have managed to fix the issue.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.