Blogroll and demo content not displaying

Hi, I’ve just set up X Theme and added demo content for Ethos 1 which seemed to go without flagging any errors. However the blogroll doesn’t display on the home page and none of the demo content / menus etc. are visible. The site can be seen here: www.makeupeffectslab.com

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! This usually happens because there are no categories or featured post yet in your site. To resolve this, please go to X > Theme Options > Ethos and make sure to select the “Most Commented” or “Random” in the display option of the Post Carousel and the Post Slider. Please also see to it that the Filterable index is disabled.

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes.

Hi, Thanks. I didn’t want the post sliders adding in just yet. The blogroll has appeared now but without the accompanying images ? I’m trying to replicate the look of the following site as an example. https://dirtbikeplanet.com i.e. same post excerpt length, font etc.

Hey Simon,

I loaded one of your image in a another tab and it does not give a 404 error but there’s nothing in there.

That is not caused by the theme. Please contact your web host why images in your site aren’t showing up.

Thanks.

Hi, Thanks but I think I know what the issue is now. It seems the demo content assets are stored on HTTP whereas my site is HTTPS. Possibly causing mixed content errors? The img-1.png file imported as part of the demo content has also corrupted as well. Can you tell me if it is possible to completely remove the bit under title that says “In Standard by Makeup-Effects-Lab / 4th July 2018 / Leave a Comment” and if the title can be placed above the featured image? Thanks

Do you want to remove the meta in your blog page and single post as well? If yes, go to Theme Options > Blog > Content and disable the Post Meta.

If you want it remove in your blog page only, you will need to add this custom CSS in Theme Options > CSS

.blog .p-meta {
    display: none;
}

Moving the title is not possible. If you need more blog layout versatility, you might want to consider using The Grid or Essential Grid plugin. Both are bundled with X. For more details about those plugins, please see the Extensions section in our Knowledge Base.

Thanks.

Hi Thanks, I have installed the Child Theme for X Theme. Would it be possible to add code to move the position of the post & page titles above the featured image rather than additional plugins ? If so do you have any code I can use to create this? Thanks

Hi There,

The post/page title has multiple templates and you will need to edit them. The easiest workaround is using jQuery, and no need to edit your template files. Example, you can add this code to your global custom javascript.

jQuery( '.single-post .entry-header' ).insertBefore('.entry-featured');

Regards!

Thanks, That seems to work but the featured image is covering over the title i.e. it is positioned over the text?
See example demo https://www.makeupeffectslab.com/demo-5-reasons-you-need-the-x-theme/

Hi There,

Please keep that custom JS then add the following CSS under Theme Options > CSS:

.single-post .entry-featured {
    margin-top: 0 !important;
}

Hope it helps :slight_smile:

Awesome, many thanks.

On behalf of my colleague, you’re welcome. Cheers! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.