Blog Title and Sub Title

I’ve correctly setup the blog title and subtitle under Apperance>>Customize>>Integrigty>>Blog Options but it still won’t show on my blog page.

Can you please assist? Thanks

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in! To check this issue, please provide is with the URL to your site.

Before that, make sure you’re fully updated including X theme, Cornerstone and plugins. You can check the latest version numbers from here (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195).

Hope that helps.

Here’s the link to my website http://dev.yokellocal.com/newlook/

Hello There,

Thanks for providing the url of your site. Please make sure that the Blog Header is turned “ON”. You can check it in Appearance > Customize > Integrity > Blog Options. Please double check it.

Cheers.

It is on

Hi again,

I checked your setup and it looks like you’re using WP Rocket and the content is served by the cache. Please purge entire cache and then make sure to clear your browser’s cache as well then reload the site, everything should work as expected. Always make sure to clear cache after making any change. It’s best if you’re developing site to disable cache plugins so you can see the changes right away.

Cheers!

Hey there,

I’ve done everything you said but it still doesn’t show the blog title.

Hey there,

You may have customization in your Child Theme, try activating the X Parent theme and make sure to purge the cache after that and see if this resolves the issue. If this helps then review your child theme and remove the conflicting code. Also to eliminate the plugin conflict factor, I’d suggest you to try testing for a plugin conflict also. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Let us know how it goes!

Hey Nabeel

I found the error. I did create a customized header.php under the child theme. It seems I’m missing a line of code where it should call for the blog title.

Here’s what’s inside my header.php

<?php // ============================================================================= // VIEWS/ETHOS/WP-HEADER.PHP // ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- // Header output for Ethos. // ============================================================================= ?> <?php x_get_view( 'global', '_header' ); ?> <?php x_get_view( 'ethos', '_post', 'carousel' ); ?> <?php x_get_view( 'global', '_topbar' ); ?> <?php x_get_view( 'global', '_slider-above' ); ?> <?php x_get_view( 'global', '_navbar' ); ?> <?php x_get_view( 'ethos', '_breadcrumbs' ); ?> <?php x_get_view( 'global', '_slider-below' ); ?> <?php x_get_view( 'ethos', '_landmark-header' ); ?>

Hi There,

We can always compare it to the original file that is here:\wp-content\themes\x\framework\legacy\cranium\headers\views\ethos\ wp-header.php. It is the last line on that code: <?php x_get_view( 'ethos', '_landmark-header' ); ?>. When I visit your site, I can see the title also. See this: https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cbjrjblLaL. For the subtitle, it is missing. Can you give us credentials using a secure note so we can double check your setup?

Hey Lely,

I already figured out what’s wrong with the codes, I just changed all the ethos in the code into integrity since I am using integrity and everything’s normal now.

I just didn’t have any subtitle so it’s blank atm.

Thank you for all your support, still not 100% sure if the code is perfect and I’m trying to check if there are any other issues I haven’t seen but for now its all good.

Hey there,

Thanks for letting us know. We’re glad you figured it out. Have a great day!