Blog Signup Form

hi

On my site, I have a newsletter signup widget in the footer. It consists of 3 columns, column 1 is the title, column 2 is the form and column 3 is the social media icons.

That form appears towards the bottom of every page.

Now that I have setup up a blog, I have also created an additional list in Mailchimp to sign people up for the blog, separate to the newsletter. I am wondering how I change the list and title for the signup form for just the blog index and posts pages.

The 2 lists are-

Feast Thailand Tour Lists
Feast Thailand Blog List

URL of the blog is feastthailand.com/blog

Thanks in advance

Hi There,

Please remember to use a secure note when sharing credentials. I edited your post and put the credentials on secure note but it is now recommended for you to update it. See this: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/themeco-support-overview/288

That can be achieve by creating a new newsletter signup using a different list. Then to apply it on the footer of your blog page and post pages, we need to customize some template. Regretfully, this particular customization request is outside the scope of our support. You may wish to consult a developer. We do have an in-house custom development team that offer paid services, who may be able to assist. They can be contacted at pinnacle@theme.co if this is of interest to you. If you have any further questions about the theme, we are more than happy to provide you with assistance on these inquiries.

Thank you for your understanding.

hi Lely

Thanks so much for your reply

Just so you know, the form is exactly the same. The only thing needing to be changed is the title to the left of the form which needs changing. That title is not part of the form. It is just a text widget. One form will use the normal tour list and one will use use the blog list. I assume I target the posts and blog index pages in the correct .php file. Can I assume that it is the wp-footer.php file I need to first copy to the child theme and then edit, or is it a different file to work on? Which template file/s will need to be customised?

To target the blog page, will I use the ID for the blog page itself, 8697, or can it and posts pages be targeted using .blog and .single?

Surely you can describe an overview of what must be done, even if not supplying the actual code, Lely.

Regards

Hi There,

Thank you for the clarification. For the title, we can just change it using Javascript. Add something like this on custom JS:

jQuery(document).ready(function($) {
  $('.blog footer.x-colophon.top .x-1-3:first-child div.instagram').text('Feast Thailand Blog List');
  $('.single-post footer.x-colophon.top .x-1-3:first-child div.instagram').text('Feast Thailand Blog List');  
});

See how we target blog and single post using the page class.
I suggest a custom template because you intend to use a different list, which means a different form for this page, correct? Other option is just add both of those form on the middle column of the footer then we can hide it per page. That way we don’t to do custom template.

Hope this helps.

hi Lely

That JS is fantastic and worked a treat, thank you very much. I was planning on using the same form, as it is very generic. No issues with that are there? By the form, you are just meaning what is visible on the website for input, or do you mean the response form generated by Mailchimp?

I am unsure how to use the same form, as the Email Forms addon generated a second shortcode. The tour list uses [x_subscribe form="1670"] and the blog list uses [x_subscribe form="9279"] I would certainly be happy to just use one so long as the individual lists could be utilised for each. When I look in the widget area, Footer 2 has the Choose A Form and both forms are shown there, with the Feast Thailand Tour List appearing as the default.

Can I assume that the Mailchimp response form is still generated when someone subscribes? I assume I will need to design a new one of those in Mailchimp, as I cannot see a way for the new list to use the same reply form.

Thanks so much Lely

Hi,

Yes, we mean what is visible on the website for input.

You can also utilize this third party plugin.

So in your footer widgets you add two text widget each with a different form, you can then set each widget to be visible on a specific page using that plugin.

Hope that helps.

hi Paul

I have it now installed and configured so it appears to be right. I have the blog form to show on the blog, single post and archive pages and the newsletter form to not show on those pages.

It seems fine, so thanks for the heads up

regards

hi Paul

I spoke too soon. The blog signup button doesn’t actually do anything. I have received emails already from people who say they have been unable to signup.

When I check the newsletter signup as well, it is also now not working.

Any suggestions as to why these forms are not working? A popup says “We’re sorry! Something went wrong. We were unable to add your email to the list. Please try again later.”

The newsletter form was working fine only days ago, so can only assume the plugin has affected it somehow.

Thanks so much Paul

Regards

Very strange. Now it has started working correctly. I went into each list within WP and just did a refresh and it seems to have fixed it. Not sure why it wasn’t overnight, but so long as it now works, all is good

Thanks so much both Lely for the JS and Paul for the heads up regarding the plugin.

cheers

Thanks for letting us know!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.