Blog Roll / Archive Pages Not loading

I have noticed this issue for ages with my theme, but the blog roll and archives pages are very slow to load. They often cause timeouts or they fail to load. It’s tough to replicate and happens every so often. The weird part is I’ve noticed on other blogs running X-Theme. It doesn’t always occur, but it happens very often for myself and now I’m being contacted by readers and other visitors about the issue. What gives?

Hi @cds9482,

I have checked the archive pages of your site and I am not seeing any page loading problem. The pages loads very quickly:

Have you tried to clear your browser cache then checked the site again?

Thank you.

I’m aware they load quickly on most times. However, I frequently as do others have issues with the blog roll or archives loading. I’ve also noticed this on other websites (x-theme). This is not ISP specific or computer specific as I’ve witnessed the error in multiple locations and computers. Not to mention the feedback. If you try several different pages on the archive you’ll eventually experience the issue.

Hello @cds9482,

Thanks for updating the thread.

You are right, I opened several pages at ones and the archive pages are not loading. Further checking the page I see you are using KeyCDN. For now, please clear KeyCDN cache and if possible please remove the CDN service for testing.

Next, please try testing for plugin conflict. As you are using CDN, I am unable to see the list of plugins you are using. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

I also suggest you to increase PHP memory limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

Have you come across this issue in the past? I’ve seen this on other X-theme sites. I am not using Key CDN, but Cloudflare. I’ll try to troubleshoot some more, but I have many times in the past to no success.

Also I should note that when the archive begins to timeout if I refresh the page it loads instantly.

I’ve begun troubleshooting more. It appears the issue was/is Autoptimize a plugin to minimize the Javascript. Is there a plugin that can minimize js?

Hi @cds9482,

Cloudflare has a Minifying feature, but be careful with minifying JS, it can break site functionality (plugins and themes).

CloudFlare - How do I minify HTML, CSS and JavaScript to optimize my site?

Also, please remember to your caching (Cloudflare, Autoptimize, browser, etc.) after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Another thing, couple of your site resources (JS) is block by my adblocker browser extension, be mindful of this as any functionality that depends on these scripts will not work (unless the user turn off its adblocker).

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.