Blog posts page appears blank since 6.3.6 update

I updated to X 6.3.6 and my Blog page no longer works on the Integrity Light child theme. Individual post pages are fine. If you check out https://www.absolutelycorporate.com.au/blog/ you can tell that the content is all there (in 3-column layout) as you can hover in each location and see the link to the posts, but the images and text don’t appear.

It could be related to WPBakery, but I have enabled the Legacy X feature and no change. Have also cleared all the cache and even tried deactivating my WP Cache plugin.

Hello @robynrhd,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

I can see that the cache plugin is active. In dev tools I see bunch of error message that’s related with minification. Please turn off minification and then clear cache to see how it goes.

You can take a look at following article for more information.

If clearing cache does not helps then please test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Thanks.

Thanks for the quick reply. I have tried all this now: turned off minify, purged all the cache, deactivated all plugins. Still not working, but I have at least determined that it is a js issue because I’ve also found the responsive hamburger menu is not working.

In Firefox devtools if I look at the Console readout it seems to indicate a couple of errors in x.js
See the attached screenshot.

I have had to restore the site back to the old version, so that’s probably interrupted the chance to troubleshoot, sorry. I did capture another screenshot first, showing issues with x.js.

I will attempt the upgrade again in about a week, but hoping there’s a fix by then.

Hey @robynrhd,

It’s because you’re still running X Shortcodes. There’s actually a message in the console that X is running without Cornerstone. Please uninstall it first then go to X > Validation so X will automatically install Cornerstone for you. This should fix the issue.

In order to avoid breaking your site next time, I’d recommend that you test in a staging server first and also follow the rest of the tips in our Updating Your Themes and Plugins guide at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62.

Hope that helps.

Hi Christian, thanks for the information, I’ll let you know how it goes.

Hi there,

Please also note that there is a new update released for X 6.3.8 and Cornerstone 3.3.8.

Kindly make sure to clear your site’s cache after updating.

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.