Blog Posts Not Showing On Home Page

Hello,
I just updated from version 5.?? to 6.5.5 and the none of the blog posts are showing. They show under categories but not on the home page. It’s as if they’re invisible… I can hover my mouse around the screen and title tags with the mouse ‘hand’ will appear in places the posts would be. If I switch to any other theme everything works fine. I completely manually re-installed WordPress 5.1.1, downgraded to X v6.4.6, manually reinstalled X v6.5.5, disabled all plugins, rebooted Apache + my entire server, tried different groups of plugins enabled/disabled, there are no Mod-Security log hits or php error logs, and also tried a different browser (Opera). No difference.

In Chrome, opening up the Developer tools panel, the console log shows:

Uncaught TypeError: n.easing[this.easing] is not a function
at init.run (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:4)
at i (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:4)
at n.fx.tick (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:4)
…and the error count rapidly increases endlessly (stuck in some kind of a loop).

Is there somewhere I can obtain an X version 5 just to keep things working?
Thanks!

Hey @mlewitz,

That’s usually caused by version incompatibility between X and Cornerstone. Please check if Cornerstone’s updated. You can see the latest version of Cornerstone in our Changelog at https://theme.co/changelog.

Please remember to always keep your theme and plugins updated. Also follow the best practices when doing that. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62

If Cornerstone is already updated, please try the common solutions to Javascript conflicts below:

1. If you’re using a caching plugin, clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugin and other optimization plugins.

2. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

3. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

4. If you’re using a child theme, switch to the parent theme. This will tell you if a customized template is causing the issue.

5. If you have custom CSS and Javascript in Theme Options or anywhere else like in Appearance > Widgets, temporarily move all of them to a notepad and restore them one by one like the plugin conflict test.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.