Blog Posts Not Showing on Front Page

I recently changed my Homepage from a Static page to show my Latest Blog Posts. However, when I saved changes, I now see a blank page instead of my latest blog posts. I disabled the “Filter” because I thought that was the issue, but that didn’t work either. Help?

.x-filterable-category-group {
display: block;
visibility: visible;
}

.option-set .x-index-filters{
display: none;
}

Hi Justin.

Hope you’re well today.

There are some settings in the Theme Options area and the post settings that you have to set in order to get some post shown on the homepage like the demo.

First, go to X > Theme Options > Ethos then set the Display option of the Carousel and Slider to Random.

Once you’ve done that, you should be able to find some posts in the carousel and slider area.

If you want to handpick the posts that will display on those area, then you can set the display option back to Featured then edit the posts and scroll down to the Ethos Post Settings and you should see the following option:

Enable the Post Carousel Display option if you want the post to be in the Carousel and the Post Slider Display – Blog for the post to be in the slider while the display setting is set to Featured.

Lastly, go back to the theme option’s ethos setting and scroll down to the Blog Options and you could remove the Category IDs set to the textfield or you can specify category IDs that exist in your category list.

You can check this link if you want to know how to get the category IDs;

Please check this video as it addresses this topic with more information:

Hope this helps.

Thanks. It helped with the slider, and I already had featured posts up top in the carousel how I need them. I still don’t have any posts showing below the Filter By Topic bar. I have in the past, but they aren’t showing up now?

Nevermind - I had to remove the Category IDs to make the posts show up. Thanks!

One last question…I am only seeing 5 blog posts. I’d like to see closer to 15? Is there a way to change that?

Hi Justin,

Please go to the Reading options in the Wordpress admin Settings and increase the value for the Blog pages show at most.

Hope this helps.

Hmm…I had already done that, but it’s not working. I suspect it has something to do with the filter, I’ll continue to explore. Thanks!

Hi again,

You can turn off the Filterable Index option via Theme Options > Ethos > BLOG OPTIONS > FILTERABLE INDEX and if you want keep it enabled then make sure to enter the correct IDs of the categories in the text field you would like to showcase.

Or you can display all categories posts by default by adding the following script in the Theme Options > JS:

jQuery(document).ready(function($){
	$('.x-index-filters-menu a[data-category-id="0"]').click();
});

Don’t forget to clear all caches including your browser’s cache after adding the code. Hope this helps!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.