Blog Posts not appearing on Ethos

We decided to not use the news page on the expanded agency demo a few years ago so we deleted that page, but now we have changed our mind. Now when trying to recreate it, the page no longer shows any posts.

I’m adding the URL on the private note section.

Is there a way to import just the news page back or fix the page so that the posts actually feed in? Thank you!

Hi there,

Please kindly make sure that there is no slug conflict on your website regarding the news. So you need to make sure that no other section of the website use the /news/ as the URL trailing section.

You can test the case by adding a new page and call it news 1 and then go to Settings > Reading and set the posts page to that newly created one. See if it fixes the problem.

If yes, then go to X > Theme Options > Portfolio and make sure there is no NEWS in the portfolio slug option.

Also, go to Settings > Permalinks and make sure there is no section which has NEWS as the slug.

If you still have problems I also suggest that you follow the steps below:

1. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  2. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

Kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

Christopher, that did not resolve it, but I added access info to the secure note above. Thank you for your help!

Hi There,

Thanks for the details!

The user details you have sent having limited access. We can’t access to settings or theme option.
Can you please give the user to full access as admin?

Let us know so that we can have a look.

Thanks

I changed the access. Should be all set.

Hi there,

Thank you for the information.

I did series of the tests without any luck. Finally, I decided to install the standard WordPress Theme and the Blog Page worked. So this is specific to the theme. Now the fact is that we do not have the problem in our local installations and also I checked the case on a test server and everything is working ok.

So the only conclusion that I come up with is that the theme is corrupt.

Please kindly move your website to a staging server and re-install the theme.

Thank you.

Hi, I went through the DB and staging steps. The posts are still not feeding through unfortunately. Any other thoughts on what I could do to get blog posts to appear on ethos?

Hi,

Please navigate to Theme Options > Ethos > Blog Options and remove all the category ids.

Thanks

that worked! Thank you

You are most welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.