Blog Posts have no line breaks

Hi There, Recently my blog posts started to not show any line breaks. In the post, my client is posting workouts with a series of short lines. In the actual blog it just appears as one long sentence. How can I fix this? See screenshot for how it appears as posted.

Hello @mollyfarrell,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

Can you please share URL of the website for us to take a closer look?

Thanks.

Thank you so much. it’s seabrightcrossfit.bringingjoyback.com/

Hi there,

I tried to access your website but unfortunately here is the result:

Would you please kindly double check the site address which you gave us?

Regarding the line break, I remember that there was a bug regarding the line breaks in the Visual Composer plugin. I guess you are using that plugin for your blog, if that is the case, kindly go to Dashboard > Updates and update the Visual Composer plugin to the latest version and the problem should go away.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

You will need to add a test page and give us detailed information on how to recreate the issue to follow up.

Thank you.

I launched the website. So that’s why the initial link wasn’t working. It is here seabrightcrossfit.com
I see that I do need to do that update to the visual composer I see that I didn’t register my X theme. I have the x theme and can share my license number. it just let me know that it is only for 1 website and I can deactivate from the other website i’m using it for. Is it possible to pay the difference for the 2 pack? The other site is a site that I’m working on and have paused. If i deativate it from my other account can i reactivate or purchase a single package for when I’m ready on that account?

the webpage is seabrightcrossfit.com/todays-workout

Hello There,

Thanks for updating in! The contents in the page is just displaying excerpts. Excerpts were automatically generated by WordPress from the first 55 words. Since you are posting workouts with a series of short lines, you may enable the “Full Post Content on Index” option in X > Launch > Options > Blog > Content. You should be seeing the full content with new lines and line breaks once it is enabled.

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes.

1 Like

I can’t seem to find this option. I had written to my reply to another one of your team in the secure note that ai realized the theme isn’t validated I purchased the license but am using it as a mockup for another site. Do you think that is part of the issue? It gives me the warning that I can revoke from my other site. I would like to do this as that site is on hold. I went to reassign that license in hte back and am not seeing how to do that.

Hi there,

Your theme is too old, and for the older version, that option is only available in customizer. Please go to Admin > Appearance > Customizer > Blog > Content. As for validation, you can assign two URL for one license, one for the live site(production) and one for the development site. It should be under your license page here in X’s forum/apex, or in your profile. And yes, you must revoke it first from another site and remove the site’s URL from your license page. Maybe you’re just revoking it but it still assigned to different URLs.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.